Game keeps freezing in the exact same spot

by Daveyskii

Original Post

Game keeps freezing in the exact same spot

★★★★ Novice

So I'm really hoping someone can help me because I'm about to throw my PC out of the window Standard smile

I had a previous bug that stopped me from loading DA:I (not relevant now as I've fixed it, but possibly important?) and once I fixed that, I began to play.

The game runs fine on the settings I have, however when I awake in Haven for the first time and am told to meet Cassandra in the Chantry (the threat remains, literally the first quest in haven) I get down the hall and just to the first door on the left (there is a note on one of the sides) and it freezes. every. time.

I have to use task manager to force close it, but it states that the game is still running fine. I've spoken to around 4 different EA people via chat in the last 48 hours, and unfortunately nothing they've suggested has worked.

I've tried (multiple) clean boots, updating my drivers, running in safe mode, running in administrator, running in windowed mode, lowering my graphics down completely, uninstalling and reinstalling (twice), cCleaner, deleted all of my saves and restarted the game, all to no avail.

I've left it running for literal hours, and it never loads. I'm not sure if it's about to hit an auto save or possibly a cut scene (since i'm unable to get past it), but it's in the exact same spot every time, so i imagine it's a trigger for something in the game?

Any help would be great because I feel like I've exhausted all of my options.

I've included some files if that helps.

Message 1 of 8 (2,743 Views)

Re: Game keeps freezing in the exact same spot

First make sure you have exceptions in Antivirus for Origin, DAI in programs, and DAI in users files as well.

Make sure you are running as administrator on both origin and DAI.

If neither of those things works, then read the sticky about making and posting DiaX files usually in the sticky about posting data and let's see what your machine is up too.

The screen of you gave us about your machine is woefully incomplete to do any real troubleshooting.

And what was the bug you hit that you fixed, and how did you fix it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8 (2,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the swift reply!

Everything is ran in administrator mode, I have exceptions for Origin & DA:I (although my next step will probably be disabling it completely as I've heard sometimes that works).

https://hastebin.com/vojoviqacu.tex

Also the original problem was a Bad Image prompt (MSVCR100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error). I solved it by updating all of my Microsoft visual C++ files.

Message 3 of 8 (2,724 Views)

IF you haven't already, have you tried switching to Mantle since you are running on an AMD video card?  (video options, DirectX11 or Mantle is options)

I assume you have no command lines or mods installed..command lines are in origin, Mods, well you should know on that...

Turn off all overlays, Origin in game overlay, Afterburner overlay, Fraps, anything that would start and play with the game....especially the AMD game overlay.(I have mine disabled totally)

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 8 (2,712 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

I realise this was a couple of months back now - any chance you ever found a fix for it?

Getting exactly the same problem, in exactly the same spot.... How frustrating.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 8 (2,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hey there,

I seemed to fix mine by updating all of my Microsoft visual C++ files , hopefully it works for you too!
Message 6 of 8 (2,631 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Will try the same - fingers crossed.

Message 7 of 8 (2,624 Views)

Hero

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is repairing the game in Origin. This sometimes fixes problems that a reinstall doesn't.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 8 (2,617 Views)