Game Closing(Crash?) on Multiplayer explosions.

by DaviZulun

Original Post

Game Closing(Crash?) on Multiplayer explosions.

★ Novice

1. A detailed description of your issue. 

When playing Dragon Age Inquisition on Multiplayer it keeps closing itself with no error messages while i have too many explosions on the screen( When hunter mines explodes, chain explosions on necromancer's living bomb for exemple). It dosent happens always but its more common to happend when  it explodes closer to the screen and when I'm host on Ferelden Castle (but it still happens less frequently out of those situations).

It dosent happend on Single Player.

2. Your system.

CPU: I5 -4670 3.4Ghz.

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 sc
Memory: 16gb RAM

https://hastebin.com/homiketiyo.tex

3. Steps that you have already taken, if any. 

Reduced game graphics to minimum.
Used origin's repair tool on the game.
Moved the game to my SSD drive.

4: (PC) Please disclose any non-standard setup you have, it may be relevant.

"Assuming a "standard" setup is a single-monitor, single-GPU, single-HDD setup using Windows with Origin and the game installed to the same location, please mention if your particular rig deviates from this. "

Running SO and the game on a SSD drive. 

Message 1 of 2 (505 Views)

Re: Game Closing(Crash?) on Multiplayer explosions.

Odd that it will happen in Multiplayer but not single player.  If you have access to a monitor with HDMI connections and if you computer has them, you may want to try it out....your current monitor doesn't have hdmi so you would need a different one. 

May also try disabling all overlays such as geforce experience.....

You may want to try and see if any optimization profiles for DAI are available from geforce experience....yeah, I know, I just told you to disable the overlay, but if it doesn't work, see if it can help instead.

May also want to see if you can view your crash logs, ....google search "view crash logs in windows 10" and it should bring up a step by step process to access and view them.  I would play the game, get a crash, then access the logs and see if anything shows up about the time of the crash, or if DAI is shown anywhere...if so, post the info here, and let's see if it helps.

Make sure you Vid card isn't overclocked....some come from factory that way, and DAI doesn't like it...but like I said, strange it only happens in multi...don't know if it is video related or some other system entirely....which means I reallly hope your crash logs show something....

Compatibility mode for both Origin, and DAI may be tried for Win7 and Win 8.1 to see if it makes a difference....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (472 Views)