Dragon age inquistion low speech volume during cutscences!

by chuamouen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon age inquistion low speech volume during cutscences!

★ Novice

Well.. so heres whats happening. i just installed my game over last night and started playing it in the evening today. was really excited when i began , had so much expectations of this new series of dragon age as i had followed the past few dragon age versions.

However during the 1st few dialogue cut scenes i realized i couldnt hear what the characters were saying. I had to tune my speakers to the max volume to even barely hear audible speech. im kinda disappointed with what im facing right now and i dont know how to solve this.

i tried to google for answers and apparently its seems to be my video card issue or something. this is ruining my game experience and ive halted my gaming at the momment until ive found a solution to this problem.

Would really appreciate if anyone who took the time to read my question to provide some answers to this predicament of mine in the meantime.

Please assit. thanks!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 18 (31,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon age inquistion low speech volume during cutscences!

★ Guide

You need to go into the control panel for your sound card and manually change the sound to Stereo. The game thinks you're using 5.1 speakers and is playing the voiceover on a nonexistant front center channel, so all you can hear is a faint echo in the right and left surround.

Alternatively, 

This could be a problem with your headphones. TO isolate the problem, try running the game on your speakers and see if you encounter the problem. If not, then I'd suggest you try a different set of headphones or use the headphones on another product.

It could be faulty or damaged wiring (a very common problem with headphones).

If all that fails, then try configuring your Audio options in Dragon Age Inquisition, and again test other games to ensure the problem is isolated to DA: I.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (33,473 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Try setting your audio to stereo instead of any of the surround audio options.

barry.png
Message 2 of 18 (31,051 Views)

★ Novice

i see. but how do i set to stereo? im having difficulty finding that option in my control panel sounds.

Message 3 of 18 (31,001 Views)

★ Guide

You need to go into the control panel for your sound card and manually change the sound to Stereo. The game thinks you're using 5.1 speakers and is playing the voiceover on a nonexistant front center channel, so all you can hear is a faint echo in the right and left surround.

Alternatively, 

This could be a problem with your headphones. TO isolate the problem, try running the game on your speakers and see if you encounter the problem. If not, then I'd suggest you try a different set of headphones or use the headphones on another product.

If all that fails, then try configuring your Audio options in Dragon Age Inquisition, and again test other games to ensure the problem is isolated to DA: I.

Message 4 of 18 (33,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@thehalfnhalf wrote:

Alternatively, 

I wish this wasn't marked as solved as the issue is by no means resolved, setting my speakers to stereo did absolutely nothing. Also all other sound works fine in the game it's just voice acting so it's certainly NOT a hardware problem with anyones speakers, headphones or anything else it's a software issue.

Message 5 of 18 (30,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Trob749, in the DA:I audio settings, make sure you have the option checked that says "Force stereo for headphones". This should fix the issue if playing with your speaker settings in Windows didn't.

Message 6 of 18 (30,391 Views)

★★ Novice
Having the same problem, but on ps4. Any suggestions?
Message 7 of 18 (30,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi I had same problem on xbox one after trying everything ea suggested I went on my xbox setting and turned the audio to stereo and it worked
Message 8 of 18 (30,324 Views)

★★ Novice
Will try that when i get home. Thanks for the tip.
still hope they patch this, hate messing with settings that normaly cause no problems.
Message 9 of 18 (30,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I have the same exact problem, I can assure you the problem is not in my hw setup since DAI is the only game with these issues. Please fix this bug its ruining the gameplay experience. I don't want to play in stereo either i want get full 5.1 experience as in other games. Don't hide before this and fix it.thank you
Message 10 of 18 (29,424 Views)