Re: Dragon Age Inquisition couldn't start up (Windows 10)

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon age inquisition won't start up (Windows 10)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been playing dragon age:inquisition on my 5-years-old, windows 7 laptop, having no big issue(Well even with the worst graphic setting it took more than 5 min to just load a single map each and every time, super laggy, but still somewhat playable. I did play for 249 hours in that condition.)

So when I bought a new windows 10 laptop, with better spec than the last one, I was hoping that maybe from now on loading screen would take 3 minutes at a time or something along that line. Apparently, I was wrong. Cause it wouldn't even start.

I looked it up, searched for a bit, also tried to run other games to make sure that this is a problem of inquisition, not my new laptop. Other games didn't seem to have much of a problem other than making my time fly. That means the problem is most likely between my windows 10 laptop and dragon age inquisition.

Next thing I did was following advice of people online about similar issue. I updated direct X, updated graphic card driver, started the game with windows 7 compatible setting, erased license file of the game, reinstalled origin, reinstalled the game, not using AVG from the first place, and some more things that I'm really sure about. Still not working, crashing even before the logo screen.

After that, I'm not sure what I should do next. Well, some of the answers of similar problem required DxDiag log, so I found mine, though I have no idea what to do with this. Could anybody help me with this? This is my DxDiag log

Well, it seems like I really should have studied a bit more before buying a laptop. Too badFrown

Message 1 of 4 (550 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon age inquisition won't start up (Windows 10)

★★★★★ Expert

The game is not supposed to run correctly on low end (Intel) video devices, sorry! 

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
   Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

Required:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 4870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Graphics Card Memory: 512 MB

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (576 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

The game is not supposed to run correctly on low end (Intel) video devices, sorry! 

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
   Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

Required:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 4870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Graphics Card Memory: 512 MB

Message 2 of 4 (577 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh... that's disappointing. Guess I should buy a desktop soon. Thanks for the answer!

Message 3 of 4 (524 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition couldn't start up (Windows 10)

★★★★★ Expert

Desktop PCs cost less to use, over the long haul, than laptop computers, since they allow upgrades, while the most important part, video, cannot be upgraded on the laptops. 

Message 4 of 4 (510 Views)