Re: Dragon Keep won't let me choose hero

by ElvaliaRavenHart

Original Post

Dragon Keep won't let me choose hero

★ Novice

I can't choose a male Warden warrior. It only allows me to change the name and "return/back". Is this a bug or is the Keep having technical issues right now?

I'm very disappointed I can't transfer my saves to Inquisition. And I mean VERY.

Can I at least transfer them to the Dragon Keep? 

Are you planning on a feature to add importing saves to Inquisition directly or indirectly (saves from 1 and 2 to DK)?

Message 1 of 5 (15,399 Views)

★★★ Guide

The keep does not use any information from save games from any version (Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2 or Dragon Age Inquisition). You can "sync" the Keep to Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2, but all this does is import the name/gender/class of the heroes and a small portrait. And even this is a bit buggy, it mostly depends if you played online at the time of release. It will not import new characters. Here is a thread on importing characters from the first 2 games into the keep:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/516937-how-to-get-your-wardens-into-the-keep-read-only-after-the-offi...

Other than the portrait, all that information can be entered by choosing a default hero of the proper gender and class, and changing the name. Then you go through and adjust all the story points to set up a world state as you want it. This is the method they decided to use for DAI to import you decisions and history from prior games.

There will definitely be no save game importing into DAI, and the Keep will not import decisions from save game files. It all needs to be manually set up.

Message 2 of 5 (15,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Seems to me, since Bioware closed their social network is the reason that many of these new wardens won't upload to the keep is because this is where your character was uploaded too. They have since closed this website and player profiles with their characters is no longer available. New wardens are not showing up and some people say it's because of the console key being toggled. I disagree because I've never modded my game, nor used the console. Hit the key by accident, yes most likely. Our wardens were uploaded to the Bioware Social Network which is no longer available. It makes sense then, Wardens won't show up any longer because of the closing of this website which the Dragon Age Servers were connected too, and your characters uploaded to this website for storage. This only seems to happen with with Origins characters yet, DA:2 characters will upload with no problems. This could also be due to the disk check issue they've had all along when a player re-installs the game. I've had numerous issues with the re-installment of the game on a new pc. This is a problem that they never fixed with the original game. They've always known about this problem and have known it all along, they just won't fix this issue which has been ongoing since 11/2009 when the first game came out. 

All you can do now is create a world state, change the name and photo to your former warden and import into Inquisition. So all of hundreds of hours we've all invested in playing Origins and DA:2 is no longer viable and no record of your character any longer except in your own games and you'll have to open each character and check your journals for your decisions.  

I don't have a twitter account but someone needs to ask Bioware about this.

The keep when it first opened worked just fine and synced with your player profile on Bioware Social Network.

Once again another *uck up by EA/Bioware. 

Message 3 of 5 (11,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

okay but i can't even seem to change the race or gender or class of the warden. like okay whatever i have to do the whole world state manually but i would like it to reflect the character i played smh. Wait found the "default" wardens. 

Now that they're starting to tease the 4th game I really hope they come up with some kind of fix for this. Having most previous choices unavailable and manually entering every single decision in that slow website isn't much of a reward for being a loyal fan of the series Disappointed

Message 4 of 5 (7,317 Views)

Hero

@zowashere The Keep never got anything from the first two games other than gender, class, name, avatar and, for Origins, race/origin. Some people had trouble getting their heroes to upload properly to the Keep/BSN, which is why the default heroes being there was useful.

You always had to select all the choices in the tapestry yourself, and that was always the intention. This allowed people who hadn't played the first two games or had but no longer had the saves to make custom world states.

DAI playthroughs should, however, be uploading to the Keep (decisions and all) and saved in 'playthrough states', theoretically to be used in DA4 when it comes out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (7,283 Views)