Dragon Age Windows 10 problem.

by OuterHaven671

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Windows 10 problem.

★★★★★ Novice

After upgrading to Windows 10 game don't launch. Video drivers was installed and there no any errors. Just start, then few minutes its appears at proccess and disappear.

Message 1 of 33 (49,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Windows 10 problem.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Somebody else here in the forum has found a solution, which works for me:

1. Set Windows to show hidden files
2. Go to c:/ProgramData/Eletronic Arts/EA Services/License
3. Find which file belongs to DA Inquisition, you can find this one out by the date, the date you installed the game should be the date of the file's creation. Delete it, or if you don't feel safe doing so, move it (MOVE it, the file should not be on this folder, if you simply copy it, no effect).
4. Start the game, this should fix the EA Activation UI problem, creating another license file and thus, running the game as it should.

View in thread

Message 7 of 33 (59,849 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

The game probably just has not been optimized for windows 10 is all. That is for the developers to resolve; instead you can make it run under compatibility mode to hopefully resolve your issue

Message 2 of 33 (49,638 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope. Any compability doesnt help. Disappointed

Message 3 of 33 (49,593 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

maybe some dll file is missing

Message 4 of 33 (49,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. After upgrade to Win 10, the game doesn't start. 

Message 5 of 33 (49,580 Views)

Hero

Could you share a dxdiag report? Have you tried anything other than driver updates? (e.g. repairing the game)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 33 (49,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Somebody else here in the forum has found a solution, which works for me:

3. Find which file belongs to DA Inquisition, you can find this one out by the date, the date you installed the game should be the date of the file's creation. Delete it, or if you don't feel safe doing so, move it (MOVE it, the file should not be on this folder, if you simply copy it, no effect).
4. Start the game, this should fix the EA Activation UI problem, creating another license file and thus, running the game as it should.

Message 7 of 33 (59,850 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bfler

Thanks! Its really helped. Game launch and everything is ok. Well, ok for now atleast.  I think there's no need to send DxDiag?

Message 8 of 33 (49,561 Views)

Hero

@OuterHaven671 wrote:
I think there's no need to send DxDiag?

No. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 33 (49,539 Views)

★ Novice

Very good! I deleted and it worked!!! Thx!!!

Message 10 of 33 (49,336 Views)