Dragon Age Inquistion wont launch from origin.

by jozifff1

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquistion wont launch from origin.

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys im having a issue with my game. i haven't opened the game in months but recently had a itch to make a new character and play, i tried launching the game but all it does is "load" the game my screen turns black and then quickly cuts out and goes back to origin. I've repaired the game through origin. i uninstalled all DLC, and i've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, i still get the same problem. If you guys have any idea to do id love to hear it!

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 4 (347 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquistion wont launch from origin.

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @jozifff1

Ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client.
You need to do this add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

Perform a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 4 (333 Views)

Most common cause on non-start lately is Anti-virus program interference(and yours sounds exactly like what it does).  Making sure there are exceptions in the AV programs for both the Origin client and the games(and their related folders) usually fixes this issue.  Rare occasions you have to completely disable the AV, but most times exceptions work.  You can also make sure both game and Origin are running as administrator, and the video card driver is up to date as well.

Good luck....let us know if anything works, but if not post a DiaX file(see stickies above about posting) and we can give some more ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4 (307 Views)

★ Novice

I was having this problem and was able to pin it down to my avg behaviour shield I temp disable it and the game will launch

Message 4 of 4 (275 Views)