Re: Dragon Age Inquisition

by BambiDied1493

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition wont launch

★★★★★ Newbie

Issue is in the attached screencap. I get that its a direct x issue but beyond that idk.

Specs:

Win10

I7-6700k

GTX 1070

16gb ddr4

ssd

Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

Message 1 of 8 (498 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok so did a bunch of stuff found in other threads on this sub-forum and now the game works, lets hope it continues to do so. Disabled origin in-game, went into the _installer file in the DAI file and uninstalled all the vcredists and reinstalled them. Ran origin as admin and made sure the game was repaired although that didn't seem to do anything. Thanks for the assistance.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (467 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Get rid of driver # 376.33.  Install #376.60 by the CLEAN method. 

Once that's done, if you use AVG, get rid of it. 

Message 2 of 8 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Don't have AVG so that is a plus. Not sure what the clean method is, i update my driver through the nvidia geforce experience app.

Checking their website at http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us using settings geforce/ geforce 10 series/ geforce gtx 1070/ windows 10 64-bit/ english (us)/  recommended-certified yeilds several previous drivers but not the one your mentioning ( 376.6) which appears to be a as of yet unreleased/beta or non-existent driver. Do you know of another method of obtaining this driver or should i roll back from 376.33 back to an older driver and see if that solves the issue? Thanks for your assistance. 

Message 3 of 8 (472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Never mind found it, https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4293. Amazing what a google search can yield. Not sure why this wasn't pushed to the geforce app or added to the list of drivers on the main page but whatever. Hopefully this fixes it. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 8 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok so that hasn't solved the issue. Did a clean install of 376.60 and still getting an error.

Message 5 of 8 (461 Views)

Hero

@BambiDied1493 wrote:

Not sure what the clean method is

It's a method to wipe all existing drivers before it installs new ones. This is recommended when you have problems such as this one.

I recommend downloading DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

When you launch DDU, it will ask you to restart the PC in safe mode. It will then remove your Nvidia drivers completely. When that's done, restart the PC again and install the latest driver.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok got DDU and did a removal in safe mode and reinstalled 376.60. Same issue as before though.

Message 7 of 8 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok so did a bunch of stuff found in other threads on this sub-forum and now the game works, lets hope it continues to do so. Disabled origin in-game, went into the _installer file in the DAI file and uninstalled all the vcredists and reinstalled them. Ran origin as admin and made sure the game was repaired although that didn't seem to do anything. Thanks for the assistance.

Message 8 of 8 (468 Views)