Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

by lordsecrets12398

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can confirm that Avast now causes this problem as well. I had no idea what was happening and tried almost every suggestion in this thread. The only thing that worked was adding Origin game folder to Avasts exclusion list. You do this by right clicking the avast icon in your icon tray -> open avast user interface -> settings (bootom left) -> scroll down and exclusions should be near the bottom -> go to your origin folder and copy the file path and paste it/type it in  eg: G:\program files (x86)\Origin Games (my games are on G drive) and hopefully your problem is solved.

Message 41 of 78 (2,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I bougth DA-I GOTY edetion on Origins yesterday, and after waiting for it to install the game an all the other fluff it came with, I tried to start the game.
Which it wouldn't. I found this tread, and did all that has been said to do, but nothing works. the cleanup, the directx and vc stuff. I've even restarted my computer and re-installed origins.
My computer is more than fit to handle DA-I, according to canyourunit.com
Its OS is windows 10 64-bit, I have no mods installed.
I have no idea of what to do next. Can you help me?

- Cecilie

Message 42 of 78 (2,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Cilleh1989 wrote:

Hey, I bougth DA-I GOTY edetion on Origins yesterday, and after waiting for it to install the game an all the other fluff it came with, I tried to start the game.
Which it wouldn't. I found this tread, and did all that has been said to do, but nothing works. the cleanup, the directx and vc stuff. I've even restarted my computer and re-installed origins.
My computer is more than fit to handle DA-I, according to canyourunit.com
Its OS is windows 10 64-bit, I have no mods installed.
I have no idea of what to do next. Can you help me?

- Cecilie

i was having the same issue as you. i have avast, and it turns out it was preventing me from playing the game. i had to go into the settings and exclude the entire origins folder, and once i did that i could launch the game. talk about a headache!

Message 43 of 78 (2,423 Views)

Hero

@Cilleh1989 When you say you did everything suggested in this thread, does that include making sure your AV program isn't blocking the game? Avast and AVG seem to be the main offenders, you can test whether they're the problem by temporarily disabling your AV protection and seeing if the game will run. If it does, you'll need to add exceptions for the game, Origin, and the game folder in your Users folder (I believe User > Documents > Bioware > Dragon Age Inquisition). 

If you've done all that and are sure that's not the issue, please include a dxdiag as explained in the spoilered section of this sticky. Just because your computer exceeds requirements doesn't mean there isn't something going wrong, a dxdiag helps figure that out. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 44 of 78 (2,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you SO MUCH!

It was my AV that was the issue!

How do I ad the exeption you talked about? Can you give me a step-by-step guide? Standard smile
I'm a complete dork when it come to the techy stuff on computeres xD

Message 45 of 78 (2,414 Views)

★ Novice

Having a similar problem where DA:I won't launch. It launched last night with ease. No complications or problems. I then decided to exit the game to check up some things - instead of tabbing out - and then went back to reload the game up. Nothing was installed or changed about my PC between the two loads up, except DA:I now no longer loads up.

The last successful load up was from Origins, and I've tried loading it up from Origins and all that happens is that it appears briefly under my Origins status before disappearing again, but nothing is actually loading up. No black windows, and it's not under my Processes either.

I've tried repairing, running as an administrator for both the game and origins, disabling my mods, disabling Origins in the game, turning off my firewall - I don't use Avast so it's not that - and turning off Razer Synapse as I saw one post that said that helped. None of these solutions have worked. 

I'm not entirely sure what's happened between these two instances to cause the game not to load up. Nothing has changed on my PC, nor my set up. Everything is exactly the same.

My DxDiag is here: https://hastebin.com/ufovamaceg.tex

Message 46 of 78 (2,389 Views)

Hero

@Cilleh1989 Which AV do you use? I don't use either of the known troublemakers (AVG or Avast), so I can't test it out and give you instructions, but multiple people have posted with instructions for how to add exceptions, I'm sure we can find one such post for whichever AV program you're using.

@ArtaoisBear You don't use Avast, do you use AVG? Any other AV program? Easy way to test is to temporarily disable AV protection, see if the game will launch. If it does, you need to add the exceptions. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 47 of 78 (2,382 Views)

★ Novice

@Leora85 I did as you suggested and turned off my AV - I use Windows Defender - and the game didn't load up. Tried adding an extension, just in case, and the game still doesn't load up. But I know it's nothing to do with Origins, because my other games still load up fine. It's just DA:I which won't open. On both attempts, it flashed up underneath my online status but nothing actually opened. No window, and no process. 

Message 48 of 78 (2,357 Views)

★ Novice

I tried reinstalling my game, the redistributables, Origin, everything, but this worked like a charm.

BLESS YOU

Message 49 of 78 (2,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

turns it it was avg....... i feel stupid

Message 50 of 78 (2,070 Views)