Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch!

by 0reoFabulurch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch!

★ Novice

I bought DAI last summer and it's not been working since I bought it. It only started working a few days ago. I've been enjoying it up until today when it stopped launching again. I tried repairing and Updating it from Origin but nothing.

Here are the specs for my PC: https://hastebin.com/gebivazepo.tex

Message 1 of 5 (831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch!

3 things noted in your DxDiag file...

1)  Audio driver listed for your speakers is not WHQL certified, and thus may be causing some issues.....

2)  Crash on DAI mod manager....indicates you aren't running an unmodded game...

3)  Windowsupdate failure listed with windows defender....

1)   Check with your manufacturer and see if you can get an updated windows authorized driver.

2)  Remove mod manager and all mods, repair game and retry to see if it fixed issue.

3)  Google rolling back the failed update and redo it, or fixing the failed update so your system is up to date and without issues.

4)  Also, failure to launch lately is almost always related to antivirus interference.  So, ESPECIALLY if you are using avast or AVG, but any really, look into how to put exceptions/exclusions or whatever they call it for Origins program, DAI/origins games folder, and DAI saves over in your user folder.

If you fix all this and it still doesn't work, then post again with progress and if something fixes it, post here so we know what did for future issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (917 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Update: I also attempted a Clean Boot. Didn't seem to help at all

Message 2 of 5 (820 Views)

3 things noted in your DxDiag file...

1)  Audio driver listed for your speakers is not WHQL certified, and thus may be causing some issues.....

2)  Crash on DAI mod manager....indicates you aren't running an unmodded game...

3)  Windowsupdate failure listed with windows defender....

1)   Check with your manufacturer and see if you can get an updated windows authorized driver.

2)  Remove mod manager and all mods, repair game and retry to see if it fixed issue.

3)  Google rolling back the failed update and redo it, or fixing the failed update so your system is up to date and without issues.

4)  Also, failure to launch lately is almost always related to antivirus interference.  So, ESPECIALLY if you are using avast or AVG, but any really, look into how to put exceptions/exclusions or whatever they call it for Origins program, DAI/origins games folder, and DAI saves over in your user folder.

If you fix all this and it still doesn't work, then post again with progress and if something fixes it, post here so we know what did for future issues.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 3 of 5 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you so much! The game is up and running now. Turns out the main problem WAS in fact AVG interference. After uninstalling it and restarting my computer, I was able to launch DAI again. Thank you!!!

Message 4 of 5 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey, @0reoFabulurch

This time, spend the investment effort in learning how to set up the proper exceptions / exclusions for an AV program you will use to replace the one you've uninstalled, right?  Past experience with AVG was that almost any change would invalidate the current exceptions.  Like an Origin client upgrade, game upgrade, Windows upgrade, etc

Message 5 of 5 (783 Views)