Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

by Steamsinger

Original Post

★★ Novice

@EA_David I just ran all of those exes and I still have the same problem. Anything else I can do?

Message 11 of 78 (12,986 Views)

Community Manager

Out of interest, are you running a 64-bit or 32 bit OS? Did you receive any error messages when you tried to run any of the packages? 

If you check Windows Update is there C++ or .NET related for you to download?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 78 (12,963 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm running a 64-bit OS. I didn't get any errors when running the exes.

I just checked the updates and there was a .NET update, however after installing it I'm still getting the error message

Message 13 of 78 (12,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble with DAI as Steamsing, I've tried all of the steps listed so far including the clean boot.

Like Steamsing I get the following :The error message reads as: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close application" and reinstalling the files. Like steamsing, I have run the DXSETUP.exe and run all the exes for each of the vc redists. 

I using a Asus zenbook 64bit with an Nivia GeForce 940M

Any help would be much appreciated

cheers

Message 14 of 78 (12,808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, sometimes I get this error: Resaon code = No licence (0x0003) Other forums have suggested that this was due to a windows update.

Is this true? Anyway around the problem?

Message 15 of 78 (12,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, 1 last time (hopefully!!)

I have got DAI to work! 

I went back to \:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist and run the DXSETUP.exe

Then  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc and run the exes for each of the vc redists.

This time, instead of repairing the installations (where applicable) I removed then reinstalled them and now DAI works - at least as far as character generation.

...fingers crossed

Message 16 of 78 (12,795 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried everything that is suggested in the thread, but nothing works.

I did play the game in January last time, and it's May now.

Help?

Message 17 of 78 (12,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

From the very top, your PC has to meet the requirements.  It makes no difference if it "sort of" worked once upon a time, if it was with inadequate hardware support.  Next, have you overlooked  the newest FAQ stuck atop this forum's index?  AVG has "gone rogue"!  (All right, I'm kidding, it's just always been a terrible AV choice for a game player and just got a lot worse!) 

Message 18 of 78 (12,277 Views)

Hero

I think this thread has a good Google ranking, so some people may end up straight in this thread and miss the stickies. That would explain why a new comment was posted in a thread that's now a couple of months old.

I ditched AVG years ago because it took focus away from my Team Fortress 2 window. Source games go nuts when that happens. 2D assets missing or poorly displayed, staircases appearing on the control point, ... It was funny, but also annoying, so I switched to Avast.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 78 (12,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I think we can exchange views on AV software and be both topical and of aid to other members.  In 35 years of game playing, and 25 years or so of participation on Wide Area networks (started before the 'net went graphical), I've had poor luck with a majority of heavily advertised / promoted AVs, such as MacAfee, Norton, you name it. 

I tried AVG several years ago, and it was problematic in many ways from the get-go, while Avast has always worked very well for me, as well. 

Once again, while this symptom has one general trigger, AVG, anyone attempting skate below the game's system requirements isn't going to suddenly have support by making this one change. 

Message 20 of 78 (12,259 Views)