Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch since November '16 update

by IKobi_Blade

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch since November '16 update

★ Novice

Hi, I really hope someone can help me.

When I try to launch DAI, I get a black screen as usual but instead of it then going to the first menu, it kicks me back to my desktop.

I have read that if I can get far enough into the game to change the graphics settings, I can fix it (something to do with the November update changing the resolution settings?) but I can't even get far enough to try that.

All my other Origin games work fine. It's just DAI.

I'm on 64bit intel running Windows 8.1.

Message 1 of 7 (493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. I just bought the DA:I:GotY today and I can't get it to work. Won't load at all. I get a black screen for a few seconds and then kicks back to the desktop. I've updated the GPU (Geforce 960 4GB) and no change. Win10 is up to date and no change. Tried compatibility mode, running as administrator and still no dice. What helped a bit was disabling the anti-virus software but that only enabled me to see the DAI icon on the bottom right of the screen then it kicks back to desktop.

I'm at my wit's end on this. Help?

GPU: GeForce 960 4GB

RAM: 16GB

CPU: i5 2200K 3.3GHz

Message 2 of 7 (481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ugh im having the same problem. ive updated my graphics card and reinstalled the game it loads the game with a black screen and quickly closes it. i hope they fix this soon.

Message 3 of 7 (405 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jozifff1

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues running Dragon Age on your system.

We've got a main thread about other players experiencing this issue, where we found that this was mostly caused by an anti-virus on the system. You can check out the thread here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/AVG-Inquisition-won-t-open-on-PC-Re-occuring-after-O...

I hope that helps!

Message 4 of 7 (396 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 5 of 7 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Now getting the useless and lazy (copy-paste) information out of the way, simply disable third-party overlays or origin overlay itself.

Message 6 of 7 (363 Views)

EA DICE Team

@IKobi_Blade

Thanks for your reply.

As this question has been asked many times before, we try and do our best to make sure that players first reach out to the information that is already available.

So feel free to add a link yourself, if you've found an already existing solution to this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your own input for this problem,

Message 7 of 7 (339 Views)