Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

by jonara200034

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

★ Novice

I just updated mine today but when I wanted to play it it said that my cloud save is not synced (this happens usually so I didn't pay any mind). I waited until it synced 100% but afterwards it's just stuck there. I tried to restart my laptop and then try again but now it's just showing me that my cloud save is not synced without any choice to override it with my local save.

I've tried disabling the origin in game option but it still doesn't work. I even tried to disable the cloud save option but it still doesn't work.

Every time I clicked play, it just gave me "you cloud save is not in-sync" and then nothing but the play button isn't clickable as if it's launching when it's not.

My DA: O and DA 2 works just fine, weirdly.

http://hastebin.com/ubeteteyer.tex

Message 71 of 126 (1,509 Views)

Hero

@LiberationBlue : Have you checked to make sure your save folder hasn't been mistakenly erased or something? (Windows 7, and I assume Windows 8/10, saves are located in [username] > My Documents > Bioware > Dragon Age Inquisition > Save. If this folder still contains your saved games, I'd suggest backing them up.
I also had a weirdly slow sync with my cloud saves today, I just did other stuff until it was finished as it was taking a long time. Perhaps there was something going on with the servers? Generally, restarting the computer, ending the process, etc. is unhealthy when doing things like syncing your cloud saves, even if they're stuck. Hopefully it's fixable.

Go into your game information (press the i button when you hover over the game in Origin) and click the cloud storage tab. Should tell you how much space you've used, give you the option to restore your most recent non cloud save (so, basically, sync your cloud save to your local save, though it may be outdated. Mine is apparently from September, despite having played today), and the checkbox for enabling cloud storage. 

Basically, I'm trying to see if you have save data on your computer and in the cloud, hopefully that'll help figure out what's gone wrong. 

How old are the Origin and DA Inquisition errors at the end of your dxdiag? Seems you've had a few.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 72 of 126 (1,496 Views)

Message 73 of 126 (1,272 Views)

Community Manager

@Andromodus-N7 Please see this thread, I suspect that you may be affected by the AVG issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/bd-p/DAInquisition

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 74 of 126 (1,266 Views)

Message 75 of 126 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, i have the same problem as the others. I have played DA:I since it was released and right now, i wanted to continue playing. I played whole last week and nothing weird happened,  no bugs occured. Today, when I wanted to play I clicked on "play" -  there was an iniciation of the game but then it crashed with no bug report. Seemed like it is running in the background, but it was not. please help. Cannot even get to main menu, last friday it worked with no problem.

http://hastebin.com/awiyarusit.tex

Message 76 of 126 (1,089 Views)

Hero

@Smidliboys Is it possible you're experiencing the problem with AVG dealt with in this thread
If not, has anything changed with your computer since the last time you were able to successfully play? Any new drivers, Windows updates, things like that? 

Have you tried repairing the game? (Right click the game in Origin, select 'repair game'). 

Without more information, that's all I can think of right now, sorry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 77 of 126 (1,083 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks,

It worked for me.

Steps I did:
1- open game properties;
2- as you mentioned, disable Origin for this game;
3- deactivate the cloud sync;
4- restore the saved game;
5- SAVE and PLAY

I noticed that after start the game succesfully it restored the cloud sync but I have no problems anymore.
I tried to enable Origin for the game again but it stopped launching so this is the real problem.

Message 78 of 126 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dragon Age Inquisition can't launch regardless of how many times I click on Play.

http://hastebin.com/savovuhahu.tex

Message 79 of 126 (927 Views)

Hero

@warmnite wrote:

Dragon Age Inquisition can't launch regardless of how many times I click on Play.

http://hastebin.com/savovuhahu.tex

Have you tried any of the suggestions posted in this thread?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 80 of 126 (920 Views)