Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

by jonara200034

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

★★★★★ Novice

Im still able to open and play using a fresh update (patch) with the shortcut I created.  I HAVE NOT been able to run using any mods (so far)  Ill investigate more

Message 61 of 126 (1,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

http://hastebin.com/eweyolahet.tex

The game refuses to load and I've tried disconnecting it from Origin and restarting my computer. When I click on either the desktop shortcut or the Folder icon, I get a loading icon next to my cursor for about three seconds before it disappears and the game doesn't load. I've tried opening it from Origin but the Play icon can't be clicked on.

Message 62 of 126 (1,619 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And what happens after this newest patch?? CANT PLAY AGAIN!!!!!  WHY WHY WHY?

Message 63 of 126 (1,535 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@RobokomodoX wrote:

http://hastebin.com/eweyolahet.tex

The game refuses to load and I've tried disconnecting it from Origin and restarting my computer. When I click on either the desktop shortcut or the Folder icon, I get a loading icon next to my cursor for about three seconds before it disappears and the game doesn't load. I've tried opening it from Origin but the Play icon can't be clicked on.

Mine is the same way.... agian.  it worked for about a month, then after this last update.... (well I DL the patch today the 5th) nothing seems to work agiaan.  I do see in the event viewer that DAI is throwing this:

Failed to verify the digital signature for HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\ORIGIN GAMES\DRAGON AGE INQUISITION\DRAGONAGEINQUISITION.EXE 

Not sure what that could be yet though

Message 64 of 126 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

http://hastebin.com/pevamiqaju.tex

I'm having the same issue, it was working fine until today. I've tried repairing, reinstalling, the directx/C++ Runtime fix, restarting, etc. etc.  Nothing works so far

Message 65 of 126 (1,497 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem. The game won't start up. It launches, gives a  black screen and then goes back to my start screen.

http://hastebin.com/vonebuwepe.tex

Message 66 of 126 (1,468 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I had the same problem of the black screen and game crash, and I had to go through the long process of re-installation. The game works fine now - except for the fact that my save games WILL NOT LOAD. 

"The save data was created with a newer version of the game. Please download the latest patch and try again."

But I checked the game in origin and the game is completely up to date. Can anyone help me?

Message 67 of 126 (1,454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im actually working  my way up the support chain.  I was moved to T2 lasnight.  Working with a Shane there currently... I can post the troubleshooting steps Ive done so far with them... might help...

They even had me create a new admin account and run the program as that account... no joy.  I suggest getting ahold of the chat support after doing all this and letting themm know what you have done.  Who knows, maybe one of us can get a fix for the rest of us.....

- Please do unplug all USB devices (aside from the mouse and keyboard) and try the game again.
- Disable the Origin In-Game Overlay (IGO):
- From the Origin menu, select “Application Settings”.
- Select the “In Game” tab.
- Uncheck “Enable Origin In Game” .
You may re-enable it at a later time by pressing SHIFT+F1 in-game.
- Update the game (if possible).

- Do a repair install by going in to My Games in Origin, right-click the game image then select "Repair Install."

- Update your system:
- Update your Operating System
- Download and install the latest DirectX Redistributable.
- Download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework.
- Update your video card drivers.

- Run the game as administrator:
- For Windows 7

Right-click the game executable or shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
If prompted, enter username and password for the administrator.
- Check Windows compatibility with the game. You can do this by right clicking on the game shortcut, select Properties and then select Compatibility tab.
- Set up a gaming profile :
http://help.ea.com/en/article/setting-up-a-graphics-card-gaming-profile/

- Temporarily disable UAC (User Account Control):
- Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
- Type "msconfig" and press Enter.
- In System Configuration, select the Tools tab.
- Select "Change UAC Settings" and click the Launch button.
- Pull the level to the down position "Never notify" and click the OK button.
- Restart when prompted.
- Kindly refer to this link below for instructions on how to reactivate UAC after this troubleshooting (step 6) is complete: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/turn-user-account-control-on-or-off
- You may try the game afterwards
- Once done and still not working, please perform a clean boot. Kindly refer to this help link for instructions on how to do so: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc
- You may try the game afterwards again

Message 68 of 126 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

FIXED!!!!

After WEEKS, I have fixed my DAI! What I did was I did all my PC updates, then I went into the device manager and looked up my video adapter.  Instead of using the GUI to update it I did an update from there letting Windows find the update.  This part is only for folks running an NVIDIA card.  After it installed all the updates (there were 3 after I just updated through the GUI) I kept getting message to shut down to let windows install updates.  This went on off and on for 2 days.... This morning I uninstalled DAI and then did a clean install while I was at work.  When I got home I noticed a message to shut down to install updates.  It installed 2 updates.  logged back in, started DAI as admin... noting for a few sec, then BOOM!! I had a black screen with the loading icon in the middle.  I let it set a min or two and I was back at the main screen waiting to load game.  Loaded it up NO ISSUES.  Going to try a couple mods and Ill let you know!  I Hope this helps in ANY WAY possible.

Message 69 of 126 (1,400 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Wintercub wrote:

FIXED!!!!

After WEEKS, I have fixed my DAI! What I did was I did all my PC updates, then I went into the device manager and looked up my video adapter.  Instead of using the GUI to update it I did an update from there letting Windows find the update.  This part is only for folks running an NVIDIA card.  After it installed all the updates (there were 3 after I just updated through the GUI) I kept getting message to shut down to let windows install updates.  This went on off and on for 2 days.... This morning I uninstalled DAI and then did a clean install while I was at work.  When I got home I noticed a message to shut down to install updates.  It installed 2 updates.  logged back in, started DAI as admin... noting for a few sec, then BOOM!! I had a black screen with the loading icon in the middle.  I let it set a min or two and I was back at the main screen waiting to load game.  Loaded it up NO ISSUES.  Going to try a couple mods and Ill let you know!  I Hope this helps in ANY WAY possible.

Confirmed... MODS work as well... granted my mods are only cosmetic, if your using any game changing ones, they may not...  Good luck to the rest, I hope my info helps!!

Message 70 of 126 (1,374 Views)