Re: Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Found the solution on another topic.

1 ) Just right click the game on Origin

2 ) "Property"

3 ) Check the box "Disable Origin for this game"

4 ) Launch and play

As Zinodin said : "No achievements, probably, but I consider playing the game without Origin the biggest achievement."

Thanks for the Origin update, it was nicely tested. Good luck to all the community manager (i mean it), this update will make a lot of people angry, just like me.

Another official solution.

Message 11 of 126 (15,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope, both didn't work.

Message 12 of 126 (15,523 Views)

★ Novice

yeah, it worked for me!

Message 13 of 126 (15,499 Views)

EA app Team

If this issue started for you with the new Origin update yesterday, even if you have successfully worked around it by disabling Origin In Game, it would be very helpful for us if you could reply with a link to your computer's DxDiag information to help diagnose the problem.

You can do this by following the steps below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

Message 14 of 126 (15,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

worked! thanks bud!!

Message 15 of 126 (15,432 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is it a coincidence that today my DA:I would crash to dashboard immediately upon trying to launch, on the XBOX One? People on PC having this issue, well me and others are having this issue today on the XBOX One as well. UGH.
refer : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Load-game-and-dragon-age-crashes-back-to-the-Xbox-on...

Message 16 of 126 (15,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem on my PC, resolved by doing a system restore to the point immediately before the update.

Message 17 of 126 (15,420 Views)

★★★ Novice

@g4rz0g wrote:

Found the solution on another topic.

1 ) Just right click the game on Origin

2 ) "Property"

3 ) Check the box "Disable Origin for this game"

4 ) Launch and play

As Zinodin said : "No achievements, probably, but I consider playing the game without Origin the biggest achievement."

Thanks for the Origin update, it was nicely tested. Good luck to all the community manager (i mean it), this update will make a lot of people angry, just like me.

Another official solution.

Worked, thanx much

Message 18 of 126 (15,406 Views)

★★ Novice
I reloaded the game, reloaded origin, disabled origin in the game, installed the new amd ccc drivers, tried sfc, and even tied the game fix and nothing worked. I will try a system restore but I am doubtful it will work. EA needs to come up with a reverse patch to undo the patch that broke the game.
Message 19 of 126 (15,261 Views)

★ Novice

That first solution worked for me.  Thanks!!

Message 20 of 126 (15,249 Views)