Re: Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

by SeymourGore

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition can't launch

★ Novice

It worked, but partially... Now I can't play fullscreen... 

Thank you anyway

Message 91 of 126 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I now (on 19.03.2017)  have this same problem with DA:I. It won't launch.  Or rather, it launches, a black screen appears, the game's cursor appears, and then the whole thing crashes. I've done the dxdiag run, here is the link: https://hastebin.com/nadokozasu.tex

It ran perfectly fine yesterday.

Message 92 of 126 (1,048 Views)

1st question.....

Do you have exceptions/exclusions set up in your antivirus program for Origin, DAI and DAI folder in users??

IF yes, then let us know while also looking at change log for your computer from yesterday when it worked to now when it doesn't...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 93 of 126 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same issue.  Only DA:I has the issue. My AV is reporting one dll as infected even after reloading it from Origin.

Malware detected: 'Mal/VMProtBad-A' at 'T:\Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\dbdata.dll'

My AV had been very helpful in deleting the above file.  I don't recommend disabling AV but I did put in an exception for the exact path and then - very important - did a Repair on the game.  DA:I didn't mention when it crashes that this dll is missing.  When the repair replaced it.  It is now working. 

I'm not sure if it really does have a virus in it or just acts like one.

Message 94 of 126 (997 Views)

★ Novice

Had the same Problem, DAI quickly closed after starting after it worked for several days fine.

I tried the deactivate Origin in game solution, didnt work. Last thing i tried was closing several background processes of different programs and for me its working again.

Not really a specific solution, but maybe it helps someone.

And no i dont use Razer Hardware/Software.

Message 95 of 126 (973 Views)

★ Novice

Quick update: For me it was Avast Antivirus.

Message 96 of 126 (942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add me to the 'Antivirus blocking DA:I' list.

For me it was AVG, disabled it and the game loaded fine. 

Message 97 of 126 (912 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://hastebin.com/urujozikod.tex

When i start the game, appears on task manager and after few seconds disappear, without starting the game.

I reinstall all possible drivers and restart pc but it didn't work and I also disabling Origin In Game but nothing.

I don't know what to do. I hope you can help me.

Thanks

Message 98 of 126 (703 Views)

Hero

@xenomark Have you added exceptions for the game, Origin and the game folder in My Documents > Bioware to the exception list of your anti virus program? This is something you may have to repeat any time there is an update to the game, Origin or your anti virus program. This is especially important if you have AVG or Avast, as they are well known for having this issue. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 99 of 126 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have Kasperky, and i try to check if i have any exception to add in this anti virus, but i didn't find nothing for exception. Maybe I looked in the wrong way.

But finally i added an "exclusion", in Kasperky but it doesn't work anyway. Disappointed

Message 100 of 126 (690 Views)