Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition on PC. Stuck in the fade at the beginning of the gam

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Inquisition on PC. Stuck in the fade at the beginning of the game.

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, right after the character selection screen there's the part where I climb up and then pass out surrounded by guards. After that, I'm supposed to wake up in a prison, but that don't happen. I wake up in what looks like the fade, with barely any health, and no objective. I've tried this with multiple character creations, and I get the fade every time. This game worked great on Xbox One, so I figured it would be even better on PC.......

Message 1 of 3 (1,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition on PC. Stuck in the fade at the beginning of the gam

[ Edited ]
Hero

This problem is tied to the game's framerate. It mostly occurs to people who have applied the fix to remove the 30fps cap in cutscenes, but it can also happen if your framerate is too low. If you enabled the framerate fix, disable it for now.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,083 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@MonkeyFoot4602 Hi, could you please take a look at this sticky for an idea of what information is helpful to include when you post asking for help? In particular, including a dxdiag is very helpful (there are instructions on how to generate a dxdiag report in the spoilered section of the sticky).

It sounds like a problem some people have when trying to run the game on a computer which can not run it, though without a dxdiag it's hard to tell.

Thanks Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This problem is tied to the game's framerate. It mostly occurs to people who have applied the fix to remove the 30fps cap in cutscenes, but it can also happen if your framerate is too low. If you enabled the framerate fix, disable it for now.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,084 Views)