Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayable

by Lanhdis

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★★ Apprentice

@nscraft wrote:

*** FIX ****

NO MORE CRASHES

All I had to do was switch from Speakers to headphones, Making sure that my audio was set to switch to headphones and over ride speakers. 

After doing this I ahve been playing 5 hours straight without a single crash. 

Must be some kind of audio related bug. 

Good luck guys. Hope this helps you too. 

and ? still no crashes ?

Message 31 of 366 (12,322 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★ Apprentice

NO headphones does not fix the issue. I know it does not for a fact.

Message 32 of 366 (12,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

reinstalled... first launch and freeze on loading game, second crash on loading co-op mission, third after i press co-op game, fourth freeze in settings...

I really want my money back!!!

Message 33 of 366 (12,261 Views)

★ Apprentice

same problem here

Applied all the common fixes no joy

affinty

latest drivers

recomanded c++ 

headphone

directx from the da directory.

The game charshes and no error message on the screen and no error message in the windows logs. 

i have a crosshair V  formula

ab and 8150 8 with  16 med of ram 

directx 11 and and nvidia 970.

Crash seems to happen randomly but going trying to get to red jenny quest, the marchant in heaven or more generally fast travel are much more likley to cause the crash.

Message 34 of 366 (12,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im suffering from the same issue. I got a good 20 hours in without a single hitch at all. I left it for a week and came back today and its crashing to desktop with no errors. Theres no pattern to the crashes. they can happen in cutscenes or while im in a menu or while im walking along. I actually took some days of work to play the game and now they've broken the damn thing. 

Geforce 660Ti

Core i7-3770K @ 3.5

16 GB Ram

Message 35 of 366 (12,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue. Have tried every fix (AMD beta driver, disabled ALL overlays, lowered settings but shouldnt have to, etc...)

I think at this point, with so many people in the same boat, there is no denying there needs to be a patch here. We have tried everything and there are many of us.

Good luck all and EA please at least ack this (this page is second hit on Google, first is EA's known issues page, so you know they know it).

Message 36 of 366 (11,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same random crashes to desktop with no error message. I have tried every solution in various threads, including downclocking my ATI Radeon HD5870, but nothing works. Sometimes I get a good span of an hour or two, sometimes it crashes when i try to load a game, sometimes it crashes when changing areas, or sometimes when just walking around an area that is already loaded.

I tried setting all graphics options to none/low, running windowed-fullscreen, reinstalling all drivers, directx, c++, etc. Nothing seems to prevent it.

DXDiag here: http://hastebin.com/iqamuxipef.tex

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz

RAM: 4GB

Anxious for a patch, since the game would be excellent without these maddening random crashes.

Message 37 of 366 (11,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also getting this issue randomly as well absolutly no issue making the game run in any way shape or form but this keeps happening.

Quite a few small but very annoying issues with this game almost to the point of not being bothered to play it now.

i5 4690 3.5ghz (4cpus), 16gb ram, amd r9 290x cant understand why this game of all the games if become an issue for my computer?

Message 38 of 366 (11,726 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried everything and still crashes even during loading.

The game in this state is unplayable!!

i don't know if asking a refund or waiting for a fix (if developers are on work on this), but for now i refuse to play with a crash every 5 minute.

Geat game, full of potencial but very bad optimization.

i really hope this is not the final version of the game.

Message 39 of 366 (11,672 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup same for me, I keep tryin to play it coz sometimes it lets me play around 30 mins before crashin to windows, but mostly its around 5 min. Reeaaally annoying since I would really like to play it.

using GeForce GTX 760. 

:/

And tried all sorta quick fixes from the forums, but nothing works.

Message 40 of 366 (11,665 Views)