Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayable

by Lanhdis

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★★ Newbie

same thing happened to me, and I have updated the BIOS and everything is super good now

Message 351 of 366 (4,272 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

Hero

@0lafff We can't really offer support for a pirated/cracked version of the game, which shouldn't be surprising, surely. Wink 

For future reference, an overview of your specs isn't as useful as providing a dxdiag (there are instructions in the 'how to post the relevant information' sticky at the top of the board, in the spoilered section). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 352 of 366 (4,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

:eahigh_file: Hey guys - 

I know it's been a while since that topic was fist open but I had recently the same f***ing problem, my game crashed for no reason without any error message or anything (during the Trespasser DLC) and because I really love DAI and because I was actually romancing Solas I was like OMG I WANT TO KNOW THE END LET ME KNOW YOU MEAN GAME. And I did not understood why the game worked perfectly until that DLC...

Don't know if it will help you but I found how to fix the problem on my game after days seeking for an answer aaaaand hours installing patches and uninstalling the game and reinstalling things. Well. It was apparently because of the "Lunge and Slash" ability, (that was fixed in the patch 1.12 but I guess it's for cracked versions though ...) that you might upgrade on your warriors. It wasn't my BIOS nor anything in my computer, nor the DLC itself but actually the game- Cassandra's fault it seems !
I have the 1.11 patch which is obviously not working, so, as for me, I just used the necklace that erases the capacities on my warriors and upgraded them with other abilities. It actually works, as farfaitched as it seemed !

If you don't play in english, you can find here all the abilities with their little pic' so you might recognise them, and the name in english. I play in french, so it helped me a lot haha -> WIKIA of DAI abilities

I found the solution in the comments of that video -> John Richards is our savior Wink (But the video itself is useless)

Well, hope I helped. Nerd

Message 353 of 366 (3,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lunge and slash seems to be the culprit.  Disabled it on all my guys and working fine now.

Message 354 of 366 (3,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine   crashes to  too desktop  with no error  in widows 10 always   after   i  go into skull den  keep   in empress du lion   region

I am running  windows 10 64bit   16 gig of  ddr3  ram nvidia  1060  3 gigabyte monitor asus  mx279,  processesor  i5  2600k  unlocked 3.5Ghz 

Tried  repairing     uninstalling and reinstalling  clean still ahppens

Message 355 of 366 (3,272 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem but i figured it out. i was using the optimizing service of nvidia geforce for the game but i went to settings and put the preset on ultra without changing anything and it worked well after that. so i guess lowering the graphics will solve the Problem

Message 356 of 366 (2,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Fast travel seems to be the main action preceding my crashes to desktop (with no error message) too. I have never had this problem before now. The only change has been messing around with my graphics settings.... back to the drawing board! xD And that solved the issue. If it helps, there are articles online with Tips and Guidance for how to get the best game experience on your computer tweaking Graphics and so forth. Thumbs up

Have fun!

Message 357 of 366 (2,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

TM_Sniper47 ~

Did you try lowering your graphics options? :ealight_bulk: There are online articles to suggest how to decide which aspects of the graphics are lagging the game and which options matter more to be tuned up, look for an article specific to the game. I did find a very helpful article for DAI. Let me know, if you would like the link! I'm pretty sure I can pull it up from my browser history Thumbs up

I hope that helps! Getting the game to stop crashing was such a relief! I could have fun again as well as appreciate good graphics in game.

[PS: My computer is older and less capable than yours, so if I can get it to work...!] [I really need to get a new computer! lol]

Message 358 of 366 (2,570 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Theoriginaldopef...

Hoping your solved your issue with the game!

Just in case, I thought I would let you I solved this problem by learning a better combination of graphics choices in Options that gave my computer a bit of a launch break and still kept my graphics looking fine. Look online.... or feel free to ask me for the link I found specific to DAI. Thumbs up

I hope that is helpful! Nothing like not being able to enjoy a game that you looked forward to. Sick

Message 359 of 366 (2,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had an issue with this in windows 10.  Put an icon on your desktop and right click it.  Then open as admin.  Took the problem away for me and the game runs fine now even without using the admin work around.  Was most likely an update to your firewall (windows or otherwise) that caused the crash and continued it.  When you do the admin start it will ask if you want the game to be able to make changes, just say yes.

Message 360 of 366 (2,503 Views)