Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

by elmoh

Original Post

Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayable

★★★★★ Novice

At first I was able to play anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours (one time) before a random crash to desktop. I have no performance issues in the sense that the game plays fine, not choppy but will just suddenly leaveme staring at my desktop. Now it has become unplayable as soon as I enter combat, crash or randomly walking around haven, crash. Can't be ingame but for a few minutes. Still in hinterlands.

I have installed the amd beta drivers 14.11, I have turned off the origin in game. Tried shutting off everything but essential software in background and still getting crashes. Set every video setting to low with only mesh high for hair appearance .This installation of windows 7 is fairly new, about 4-5 months, also recently cleaned out heatsink/fans reapplied thermal compound on cpu.

Honestly im getting to my wits end with the game, it looks great if only i could pay it. I do meet min specs, cpu is probably lowest element. 

DXDIAG

http://hastebin.com/awoxisewey.tex

Anyone have any ideas, has anything been said about a patch for crashes?

Message 1 of 366 (85,599 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★ Novice

i have the same problems, randomly closes game during walking around, entering combat, ending combat, there is no consistant on what causes it, and i meet game requirments. cant post a dxdiag but i have an I7 4770k 16g ram, and GTX770 sc. all driver up to date with no beta drivers. so you can rule out beta drivers causing issues. all i can say is thank ea for making auto save so i dont have to restart last time i saved, i go hours without realising i havent saved recently.

Message 2 of 366 (85,071 Views)

★ Novice
Ah shitballs I'm runnin geforce experience and it might be a beta version driver, do u think that could be my problem? This EA origin **bleep** is ridiculous I wasn't even surprised when I saw how many people have the same problem. And those bastards won't reply to my messages so I guess I wasted 80 bucks, just adding to the rest of my money wasted on EA games - BF3 AND 4, star wars, DA: ll, and titanfall which installed fine but I can't play it cuz the update required is like 60 GB all together and I'm on metered internet connection.
Message 3 of 366 (84,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. and ive noticed that if i had a web browser open at the same time it happens way more often and crashes the browser too. Very odd

Message 4 of 366 (84,772 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm also getting this. Appears completely random. Will happen if I'm walking about, fighting, talking to characters.

Really annoying

Message 5 of 366 (84,713 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue as well.

Message 6 of 366 (84,680 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, I too have the same issue. Randomly crashing to desktop with no error whatsoever. The application just closes itself.

Message 7 of 366 (84,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, can't even get into the game. I'm starting to get sick of this now.

Message 8 of 366 (84,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for publishing what you've noticed! Closing Chrome while playing significantly reduces crashing.

However, the crashes are still present, and should definitely be addressed.

Message 9 of 366 (84,300 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had the game crash twice on PS3, usually when using fast travel.  It did it just now!   Also the horse with saddle disappeared after I ran the first race on the In the Saddle quest and my companions were getting stuck inside the cave with spiders on the Storm Coast.  Too many glitches!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 366 (83,714 Views)