Dragon Age Inquisition don't want to start (PC)

by GamerPapsajt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition don't want to start (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
About half a year I did't play Dragon Age Inquisition, but I got the mood and I wanted to play it again so installed it on my computer.
I also downloaded all the available free DLCs and latest updates.
After the installation, I tried to start the game and it seemed to start, but then it exited out and every time I tried to start the game again it came out without an error message.
Then, when I restarted the Origin and I tried to start DAI again it send and error message.
I tried to start it up again and it send a window.
It asked that what I want to use: the cloud backups or the local backups. It doesn't matter which one do you choose, after you start the game it exits the game again without error message.
I tried to delete the backups, disable synchronization with the cloud, but none of them helped.
I've nver played it on another computer and I only have 14 hours in the game. Please help!

Message 1 of 3 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition don't want to start (PC)

Hero

@GamerPapsajt Have you added exceptions for the game, Origin and the Dragon Age Inquisition folder in your Users folder to your anti virus program? This is especially important if you use AVG or Avast.

If you're using mods, have you tried launching without them? 

If neither of those things helped, please provide a dxdiag. There are instructions on how to generate and post one in the spoilered section of this sticky. Also, if you could give a screenshot of any error messages, that could be helpful. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (437 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@GamerPapsajt Have you added exceptions for the game, Origin and the Dragon Age Inquisition folder in your Users folder to your anti virus program? This is especially important if you use AVG or Avast.

If you're using mods, have you tried launching without them? 

If neither of those things helped, please provide a dxdiag. There are instructions on how to generate and post one in the spoilered section of this sticky. Also, if you could give a screenshot of any error messages, that could be helpful. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your answer! It worked. I just needed to change settings in the securitiy program :D

Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)