Re: Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on startup (Windows 10)

by TheBettyBoops

Original Post

★ Novice

just add Dragon age as an exception then it will run '

1) open avg

2) options and advance options

3) exceptions and add the game mine is at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition

hope it workes

Message 11 of 24 (7,838 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For anyone else finding this, the same problem has also begun to occur with Avast. Played for 50 hours, no problems. Suddenly, an issue. Did a clean install of the nVidia drivers, no fix. Had EA repair the install, no fix. Disabled Avast until next reboot? Fixed.

Message 12 of 24 (7,616 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Avast has similar processes to give the exception... just did it, reactivated full protection (shields), and the game still launched.

1. Double click Avast tray icon (or right click, Open Avast user interface); Settings; scroll down to 

2. Open Avast user interface); Settings; scroll down to 

3. Settings; scroll down to Exclusions, click Add while the File paths tab is active

4. Add filepath for DAI (likely something like \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe)

5. Click OK, and should be good to go!

Message 13 of 24 (7,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me Avast was preventing the game (bought and original) from opening...

Message 14 of 24 (7,394 Views)

★★★ Novice

TY for this thread folks!  especially agceren4!

I had the same issue come up recently .

I had hours of gameplay with no issues until one day DA:I just wouldn't open for me. Most thread users have AVG and Nvidia, which is no good to me as I am an Avast user and have an AMD graphics card. But by using perseverance in searching the threads you folks  have solved my problem.

Don't disable your Antivirus!

Just make DA:I an exception!

Message 15 of 24 (7,337 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition crashes with Avast also

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ratchyroo88 

The pinned FAQ thread at the top here in this forum has been edited to include both Avast and AVG.  A couple of months ago, the Avast people purchased the AVG company.  It wasn't long at all after that, and then Avast users began having the very same problems! 

Glad you got the game going.  Don't expect it to be permanent.  Updates to the AV, to the game, to Origin, or even to Windows itself, are all potentially incompatible all over again.  AVG requires multiple exception / exclusion settings for various folders, and Avast probably will end up doing so, if it hasn't already. 

Message 16 of 24 (7,330 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, resolved for me by turning off AVAST

Message 17 of 24 (7,190 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on startup (AV interference)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@nermy2k5aa12

Be cautious.  There is far too much Malware of all kinds to forego protection.  Just learn the right way to set up the various needed exclusions and be prepared to rewrite those when necessary. 

Message 18 of 24 (7,185 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to fix this for two hours now! You're awesome!

Message 19 of 24 (6,417 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you a lot sir,this worked fine

Message 20 of 24 (5,913 Views)