Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on startup (Windows 10)

by ARKRedeemer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on startup (Windows 10)

★★★★ Novice

I recently bought a new gaming PC to replace my old and dying one. That one could just about run the game, and on Windows 10. This new PC blows away the minimum specs as far as I can tell, yet whenever I start the game it immediately CTDs with no error message at all. I checked in my NVIDIA Geforce Experience program and the drivers are all up to date, the game is of the latest patch and I've already tried reinstalling it from scratch. Please help, I want to play DAI so badly!!!

Message 1 of 24 (39,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on startup (Windows 10)

★★★★★ Newbie

i had this issue as well

re-installed the game

re-installed and updated graphics drivers

cleaned unused apps

The fix came from Disabling AVG then launching the client

If you are running AVG, check that first Wink

View in thread

Message 8 of 24 (49,714 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-ques...

We still need to see your Dxdiag report, it may show other errors or issues that specs alone do not account for.

Message 2 of 24 (39,344 Views)

Hero

@ARKRedeemer Are you running AVG? It seems to be causing an issue with the game for some people, try temporarily disabling it, or uninstalling it, see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't help, please post a dxdiag as requested by @DarkAmaranth1966 Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 24 (39,326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag file (hope it shows what is wrong)

http://hastebin.com/fuqagomavo.tex

And to the other person, yes I am running AVG but I don't know how to disable it and I am worried about doing such a thing. I had AVG on my previous PC and it didn't cause any issues that I'm aware of.

Message 4 of 24 (39,312 Views)

★★★ Expert

Here is how to disable AVG https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en_US&urlName=How-to-disable-AVG

If that does not work, you may have to uninstall it entirely and go with a different anti virus program. I have heard from others that BitDefender is fine and, I know Norton is fine with the game.

Message 5 of 24 (39,300 Views)

Hero

@ARKRedeemer You can temporarily disable AVG by right clicking on it in the system tray and selecting 'temporarily disable AVG protection'. If all you're doing is playing DAI, this shouldn't put anything at risk. If you have the same issue as all the others in the numerous threads on this board, temporarily disabling or uninstalling AVG and using a different program for the time being are the only known fixes. It's an easy enough thing to test. Wink

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 6 of 24 (39,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Disabling AVG seems to work. I should just be able to set it to diable for 10 minutes and it should be fine right? It seemed ok.

I think I'll just have to disable it whenever I play DAI as I'm not changing after just renewing my subscription.

Message 7 of 24 (39,281 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i had this issue as well

re-installed the game

re-installed and updated graphics drivers

cleaned unused apps

The fix came from Disabling AVG then launching the client

If you are running AVG, check that first Wink

Message 8 of 24 (49,715 Views)

Hero

@ARKRedeemer That should be fine. One user reported that adding an exception for the DAI executable in AVG also worked, perhaps you could try that instead if you don't want to disable AVG protection. Standard smile

Message 9 of 24 (39,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Launch the game shift click out of it or run task manager and set affinity on dragon age to 0,1,2 cores then have fun and play the game hope this helps.

Message 10 of 24 (38,964 Views)