Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes, game breaking

by nargkill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes, game breaking

★ Novice

My game wont even play at all now. I've previously played about 22 hours of the game and now whenever i click to play it instantly crashes telling me that dragon age inquisition has stopped working.

if i change the games setting to be compatible with windows 7 or another option that games does load but will become froxen on the main screen where it continuously keeps trying to connect to the dragon age servers.

ive tried reinstalling the game and direct x and it still is not working.

Message 1 of 24 (12,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes, game breaking

★★★★★ Newbie

I found a solution in another thread.  The problem was Origin, as expected. It's not coincidence that it started happening right after the Origin update.  I disabled Origin, and the game started working as normal.  Here is the fix I found in the other thread:

As explained in the title, the game crashes with a Windows error: "Dragon Age: Inquisition has stopped working" that occurs immediatly after hitting play in Origin. This problem began immediatly after installing an origin update on 11/25/2014. Disabling origin allows inquisition to run confirming this is an Origin error.

For others with this problem, go to: 

My games > DA:I > Click on the letters "Dragon Age^TM: Inquisition >  Game Properties > Check "Disable Origin for this game" 

For me this allowed it to run. My system is a Windows 7 64 bit. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 24 (12,499 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Are you on steam?
Message 2 of 24 (12,527 Views)

★ Guide

Common fix for the frozen thing, is to disable one core of the 4 you most likely have.

After that, it should be safe to enable the 4th core again.

You could try repair? If the game used to work... Than it still should.

Message 3 of 24 (12,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Another possible easy fix on steam for game crashes and freezing is right click hit properties and under one of the tabs there is the option to verify integrity of game cache. That sometimes does the trick
Message 4 of 24 (12,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  What I noticed was that there was a 77 MB Origin update when I opened the game and then BOOM, right after the update, the game will not load anymore.  I am told instantly that the game has stopped working as soon as I start it.

I don't like coincidences.  This is the text from the error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BEX64
  Application Name:    DragonAgeInquisition.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    545d333f
  Fault Module Name:    d3d9.dll_unloaded
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4ce7c5a4
  Exception Offset:    000007fee179630d
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Data:    0000000000000008
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    2264
  Additional Information 2:    2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
  Additional Information 3:    61db
  Additional Information 4:    61db3afd6d02cf5be03b25b6720cc2e1

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Message 5 of 24 (12,347 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I found a solution in another thread.  The problem was Origin, as expected. It's not coincidence that it started happening right after the Origin update.  I disabled Origin, and the game started working as normal.  Here is the fix I found in the other thread:

As explained in the title, the game crashes with a Windows error: "Dragon Age: Inquisition has stopped working" that occurs immediatly after hitting play in Origin. This problem began immediatly after installing an origin update on 11/25/2014. Disabling origin allows inquisition to run confirming this is an Origin error.

For others with this problem, go to: 

My games > DA:I > Click on the letters "Dragon Age^TM: Inquisition >  Game Properties > Check "Disable Origin for this game" 

For me this allowed it to run. My system is a Windows 7 64 bit. 

Message 6 of 24 (12,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

^^^yep that worked.^^^

they need to patch this stuff, im sure loads of people are having this problem.

Message 7 of 24 (12,300 Views)

★ Guide

@nargkill wrote:

^^^yep that worked.^^^

they need to patch this stuff, im sure loads of people are having this problem.

Yeah, I keep suggesting disabling Origin entirely on lots of threads. It was bad before the patch, patch seemed to make it worse though. With 3rd party app, you don't even need to have Origin on during startup of the game Wink

Message 8 of 24 (12,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine keeps crashing, saying directx function getdeviceremovedreason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung. ive tried everything i could find on the net to fix it and im starting to think my rig isnt strong enough, can anyone tell me if its the rig or the game?

my specs are

HP ENVY 700-349 DESKTOP PC

* 4th generation Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz

* 64-bit performance with 12GB DDR3 system memory

* 1tb hard drive

* NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 graphics card with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory

new to pc gaming so just wanna make sure its not the rig

Message 9 of 24 (12,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think its pretty stupid that we have to go threw all this **bleep** to play a game we paid 75 $. You wouldnt buy somthing broken at walmart then bring it home and try to fix it. EA and BioWare should be refunding a portion of money for this. Us as gamers let these big corps get away with whatever they want charging 75$ for somthing that doesnt even work properly. look at assassin creed unity. what a P.O.S game that was. played better beta game from indy devs with less bugs. 

-disapointed customer

Message 10 of 24 (11,455 Views)