Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Compatibility Issues

by Aiel22

Original Post

Dragon Age: Inquisition Compatibility Issues

★★★ Newbie

Two friends and I just bought DA:I, but I only got the regular game and not Game of the Year edition. My friends got GotY. They can join a game together but when I try to join them it says to check the version of the game I am playing and make sure it's the same. I figured they were loading a DLC mission or something, so I decided to host instead. They got the same error message. Are we really not gonna be able to play the base game together, because they have DLC that I don't?

I'd be willing to purchase an upgrade at this point; but I only see an upgrade to Deluxe Edition, and fear that I'd run into the same problem.

Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)

Unfortunately, your assumption is correct. You need both the same game version (GOTY). You can do that, by upgrading to Deluxe and buying the DLC's (though i found it cheaper to buy directly the GOTY again, so i have both Deluxe and GOTY editions in my library now).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response. It's quite an unfortunate answer though. I think I'll try to contact Origin about getting a refund or something.

Message 3 of 3 (216 Views)