DAI - issues

by PoArVl

Original Post

Re: DAI - issues

★★★ Apprentice

This time I will cover a serious bugs that actually affect the game quite a lot.

15. Some of the armors in the game are "broken", the game ignore it's stats. One such armor is "The Armor Of the Master Combatant" (or something like that, not sure how it is called in the original). Found it, when dressed Cossandra it it and she keep receiving damage as if had no armor at all.

16. The final mission for the Josephine family story arc is broken. She asks you to speak with the judge to verify the documents in Val Rayo. You can go to the judge mansion from the World Map, right away. BUT, if you do so, will not be able to complete the Josephine ark at all, even after you speak with Jozy at the Val Rayo pier and she thanks you for all the help. The game would still "think" you are not done and asks you to go and speak with the Beliss (the one you searched a mage lover for), marking her location near the fountain in Val Rayo. But there is no one there, near the fountain (if you visit judge mansion first).

17. The Codex/quest jurnal update is lagging, a lot. When you complete a mission from the desk board or complete a quests, or update codex information. It takes some time (up to couple of minutes) for information to be actually updated. Sometimes Quest Jurnal randomly starts to tell you that you completed the quests "again" (which you already done some while ago and was notified about that already).

Message 11 of 87 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

15 (Updated). It seems that armor I mentioned have nothing to do with the bug. Cassandra still keeps dying from 1-2 hits from enemies, even with lower level that her (enemy 11 level, Cassandra 16 level). It started after I saved the Empress of Orley at the Grand Masked Ball. I found out that two pieces of equipment (one-handed axe - "Rage of Snake" and shield - "Zimodah" (or something like that) gives her almost a -300% to each resistance (magic, ranged, melee)!!! That is no joke, what if there is others? Cassandra is my favorite tank. Fix that ASAP, please!

Message 12 of 87 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

18. The Solar Puddle part of the Empres de Lion is seriously bugged. First, the quest "Safe Passage" to capture 3 towers in that part of the map bugs. And when you place a flag near the first tower, quest dos not updates, preventing you from completing it. As it still tells you to "flag" first tower but you can't, because you already did so. It is possible that that is true for the rest two towers. Had to do several reloads for quest to finally count. BUT! The bug is still there, as the next reload was bugged again.

19. The Solar Puddle part of the Empres de Lion is seriously bugged. Second, the monsters in the region bugs from time to time. They spam and roam around "invincible", as they cannot be targeted and does not receive any damage. The same could happens when you fight monster, it's just freezes and you can do nothing about it. That happened when I fought the dragon there, and it just freezed when I was about to lend a killing blow!

20. Already widely known bug, the game crashes at the start or dos not start at all. This problem still present. So, I decided to post this bug. As it is a serious problem for the game that need to be solved. And to post a temporary solution that worked for me.

In the "Origin gone to Settings" => "Origin in the Game" and unchecked the box "Enable Origin in the Game" (but the way, I have Razer mouse, heard that it has something to do with problem as well).

P.S.: Feel free to post solution for the number 20. that worked for you.

Message 13 of 87 (984 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

21. Not really a bug, but matter that needed to be addressed, I believe. The STORAGE. We have the WHOLE castle to our services and there is NO storage at all??? Yeah, I know that we have a "big" pocket. But it's get filled in no time, not to tell that there is things that we would like to keep for later, but do not want to crowd the "pocket". In short, would you be so kind and add a stash/storage room/NPC in the Skyhold.

22. Subtitles. There is no synchronization between the voices and subtitles. They late, they dos not appear, they skip phrases. That is serious issue for those who use subtitles allot.

Message 14 of 87 (962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

PC

23. Wrong starting gear. I've created a mage character but in the very beginning, after the bridge collapse and right before the first fight my character appears without armour and if I check my inventory there are only 2 rogue-only armour.

Message 15 of 87 (958 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

23. The Inquisition perk "Forward Scouts" are somewhat bugged. It should show location of the raw resources. But it dos not show them all or at all times, before they claimed. On the other hand, once raw resource spot is claimed, they should disappear from the map, but some still being shown. Noticed that in the "Emerald Graves" map.

24. The threat generation is somewhat messed up. Playing as mage and taking "Knight-Enchanter" specialty, makes you a center of all attention from the monsters, once you go in with your rune blade. And any of the three warriors have a hard time keep the aggro on themselves. I am not sure if the threat system is messed up, or the AI of the tanks seriously lacking, or it is a general lack in the combat system. But warriors (in the tanking specialties) losing much of their role in the field. That is not right.
Speaking of witch, for some reason Cassandra (my favorite tank) takes a tremendous amount of damage from some monsters, even despite the fact that she may outlevel them by 2-4 levels. Yet their attacks "lay" her down in just 2-3 hits.

Message 16 of 87 (927 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for the initiative. Where possible, please add your platform, just in case it is tied to a certain one (e.g. PC). If there are other threads already about the issue, a link to the thread would be much appreciated as well.

Cheers,
Nils
Message 17 of 87 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ON PC

25. Some of the schematics I find do not appear in the list to craft (for example the Tier 3 Elven Light Armor)

26. Wrong gear for your class in the beginning leading to specialization issues

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Wrong-specialization-teachers/m-p/4010241#M5681

27. Menu buttons have all gone missing

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Buttons-missing/m-p/4070888#U4070888

28. Directx freezes

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Direct-X-Error-Crashes-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-To-Des...

29. Maryden quest bug

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Maryden-Quest-Bug/m-p/4056391/highlight/true#M18337

30. Being able to switch party members sometime

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Not-able-to-switch-between-party/m-p/4057539#M18649

Message 18 of 87 (914 Views)

★★ Novice

ON PC

31. Character page in game is blocked and inaccessible. During the tutorial I have been asked to allocate skills reaching level 2. I switched to windows and back, cancelling allocation. Now I have no access to allocate skillpoints at all.

Message 19 of 87 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can't allocate skills during the tutorial. (Don't know if it's a bug or not, I just went on and did it after)

Message 20 of 87 (906 Views)