Re: DA Keep doesn't upload my DAO accomplishments

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA Keep doesn't upload my DAO accomplishments

★★ Novice

Hello.

I'm starting to prepare my saves and stuff for inquisition (I haven't bought it yet), but I'm not able to make the Keep detect my accomplishments. I have DAO ultimate edition and DA2. Currently, only my DA2 character is correct. I mean, all my trophies and stuff are correctly uploaded and displayed on the Keep. I had to reinstall DAO to upload that profile and my character name and settings are correct, but the rest is not.

I got the platinum trophy in DAO, also got all the DLCs and finished them. The game it's at 100%. But the trophies are just not in the Keep, and some DAO rewards are also missing. I can't ask for them to be unlocked because it always say 'oops, an error occurred.' This only happens if I try to unlock them selecting PS, not PC. I tried PS because I'm a PS3 user.

I don't know what to do know. Any ideas? If it's of no consequence for DAI, I suppose I can let it be or unlock them all using PC, but it's annoying that it worked with DA2 and not with DAO :/

Message 1 of 4 (1,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Honestly, the game DAO used a system that is basically defunct now, due to age and change in how they handled game data.  I know they were at one time still running the site behind the scenes to allow the upload, but it only worked sometimes.  The idea they came up with is to use the DAKeep to fix most of this and allow future games to continue access to all past game data.  We will see how long the keep stays around, but it seems a solid idea for how to handle world data, as long as Bioware/EA maintains it. 

Basically, as was mentioned above, set your Keep world data as you wish it, and forget that DAO or DA2 can upload anything, unless it happens to work and make your life easier.   But I think you maybe got that already, and I am just posting to look important....  :eahigh_file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,704 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Ok, let's see if I can explain this properly...

There is no direct "import" of DAO or DA2 saves to DAI.  What there is, is the import of a "World State" from the Dragon Age Keep.  One can tailor the events of a World State to match the events of any given DAO and/or DA2 playthrough (or the way one wished  one had playedthrough) very easily. Then one tags that World State as the one to import to DAI.

Does that make sense? Does it let you do what you want to do?

Message 2 of 4 (1,602 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

Thanks for the answer, but I already knew that. That's why I 'made' my account in the Keep on the first place. My tapestry and stuff is already set as I want it, and I know that's what is going to go onto DAI when I play it.

What I meant to say was that... when you first do your 'startup' on the Keep, it looks for achievements and stuff you have on your system (or even on the DA servers, I don't know). In my case, my DA2 stuff was immediately detected and registered on my career, but it wasn't the case with my DAO save (maybe because I delete all game data when I finish a game and I haven't finished DA2 yet). I had to add any trophies/extras manually and I even added a trophy I didn't have because it didn't exist on my PS3 list -_- I didn't think they were more on PC. Anyway, given that I wanted to unlock those trophies and extras, and it didn't let me unlock them if I selected PS (I had to select PC to unlock them), I wanted to ask about it.

But as it doesn't seem to matter and I already have everything as I want it (I think...), I suppose I opened a topic without cause.

Sorry about it. Want me to mark it was resolved?

Message 3 of 4 (1,590 Views)

Honestly, the game DAO used a system that is basically defunct now, due to age and change in how they handled game data.  I know they were at one time still running the site behind the scenes to allow the upload, but it only worked sometimes.  The idea they came up with is to use the DAKeep to fix most of this and allow future games to continue access to all past game data.  We will see how long the keep stays around, but it seems a solid idea for how to handle world data, as long as Bioware/EA maintains it. 

Basically, as was mentioned above, set your Keep world data as you wish it, and forget that DAO or DA2 can upload anything, unless it happens to work and make your life easier.   But I think you maybe got that already, and I am just posting to look important....  :eahigh_file:

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 4 (1,705 Views)