DA:I Xbox One Disc Not Working

by BrennanBrewer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:I Xbox One Disc Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My DA:I game disc on Xbox One keeps bringing me back to the dashboard as soon as i press play. Ive tried many solutions such as deleting my local save files, uninstalled the game twice, cleared persistence storage, changed my startup to energy saving, used my buddies disc, bought a digital copy for 20 bucks and did pretty much every combination of hard reset possible, but still nothing works. Ive put an enormous amount of time into this game and its extremely frustrating to not be able to play it. Also other discs such as Witcher 3. Halo, etc work.

Message 1 of 9 (795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:I Xbox One Disc Not Working

Community Manager

Hmm, and you already mention wiping your local save data and reinstalling.The next step would be the extreme step of performing a factory reset.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

You can try the step where you retain your content. From the steps you've taken it sounds like your install of the game is probably ok, but how the console interacts with it is causing the issue to manifest.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (771 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Bump?

Message 2 of 9 (768 Views)

Community Manager

@BrennanBrewer I take it that your friend's disc works without issue? In that case it sounds like the disc is damaged. 

In that case you can see this article for warranty info and disc-replacement services. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/electronic-arts-warranty-policy/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 9 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

I apologize if I wasin't clear but my friends disc gives me the same issue as does the digital copy i bought and my own physical copy.

Message 4 of 9 (745 Views)

Community Manager

Ah, sorry for  misunderstanding.

In that case I'm going to guess that there's corrupted save/profile data. Can you try creating a new gamertag as a test, then try that out to have a "clean" account?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (734 Views)

★★ Novice

Made a new account and I still have the same problem. Brings me back to the dashboard immediately.

Message 6 of 9 (724 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, and you already mention wiping your local save data and reinstalling.The next step would be the extreme step of performing a factory reset.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

You can try the step where you retain your content. From the steps you've taken it sounds like your install of the game is probably ok, but how the console interacts with it is causing the issue to manifest.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (772 Views)

★★ Novice

I reset my xbox to factory default but kept my games and apps and its working as of now. Thanks a million, I was starting to give up on the game.

Message 8 of 9 (706 Views)

Community Manager

@BrennanBrewer Wonderful, thanks for the update. I'd hoped it wouldn't come to the factory reset, but in some rare cases it's needed. 

Thanks for coming back with the confirmation, please let us know if you encounter any further issues in future. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (689 Views)