Crashing on Startup

by mjolnir357

Original Post

Re: Crashing on Startup

★★ Novice

I see. It's just odd that it worked for so long, just to stop even booting, is all. I guess I'd better get on amazon as soon as payday hits, then. /sigh!

Message 41 of 120 (3,728 Views)

★★ Novice

well im running an msi gt70 2od with an nvidia 780m and intel i7 4700mq and i crash on startup

Message 42 of 120 (3,686 Views)

Post some specs like others if you want some help...unless you are just saying not only Intel graphics have the issue....which was already known.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 43 of 120 (3,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@alchemist7 wrote:

@erickoh25 wrote:

Disabling the Origins In Game didn't work for me Frown

Here is my hastebin: http://hastebin.com/cimozocewo.tex

Thank you!

Check the game set to run in high performance mode in your nvidia control panel, under manage 3d settings.

Yes!!!! you rule!! so much!!

Message 44 of 120 (3,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem as OP. CTD on startup after a few seconds of black screen.

Hastebin: http://hastebin.com/okixecimeb.tex

I tried turning off origin in game, turning off my spare audio devices and disabling my Intel graphics card. All it got me was a couple of seconds to see the cursor and the loading icon and then CTD again.

EDIT: On further inspection, it seems that the game runs fine on the loading screen in the background of another program, but as soon as it becomes the active window and goes into full screen within seconds it crashes. 

Message 45 of 120 (3,531 Views)

I can't find the post, but I read sometime back that the issue with most laptops is this basically....

They use a hybrid system to display for most of them, with the Intel "card" actually drawing the game and the Nvidea "card" handling the computations.  The problem with crashing on start up, comes in two places usually.  First is a setting preventing the switch over to the Nvidea card on startup of the game, IIRC it was in the bios:  Secure boot...IIRC...  The second issue comes about when the laptop insists on using the Intel card for more than just screen drawing because of a desire to save energy...so you have to go into your settings and move EVERYTHING over to performance, that is in battery, plug in use and in your graphics settings.  There are several threads on here about getting the best out of Nvidea gpus and issues with playing in fullscreen with laptops.

The main issue you have, is you are trying to game on a laptop...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 46 of 120 (3,505 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Something that MAY help:

I think NVIDIA got tired of the fires in the developer forums.  As of 2.24.2015, they've released this:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82578/en-us

Which has apparently "cured" many people's problems with crashes to desktop for those attempting to run in full screen on NVIDIA GPUs.  It also seems to have cured a bunch of issues with laptops that contain so-called "hybrid" graphics that include NVIDIA GPUs.  All I can say is give it a shot.  If your GPU isn't one of the ones it's supposed to help, the installer will tell you it won't run on your machine.

I can tell you that I run an ASUS ROG gaming laptop that includes an NVIDIA GTX765m GPU and that I was having crash issues with it.  This driver has cured the problem, and I have also no longer been getting the dreaded DirectX crashes.

As I see it, nothing to lose by trying...  :-)

Message 47 of 120 (3,494 Views)

★★ Novice

I had installed DA:I just after it had come out. Over Christmas, until now, I've reset my laptop a couple times due to some issues. 

It worked perfectly fine back then, but now it's deciding not to work. I've tried reinstalling, upgrading DirectX, upgrading my .Net Frameworks, running in administrator, anything.

My Hastebin: http://hastebin.com/ukibuxomom.tex

Hopefully it can be fixed soon. I really badly want to start playing again. I've spent 250 hours on it already.

Message 48 of 120 (3,297 Views)

★ Novice

Confirmed Fix!

Or at least, it's allowed me to actually start the damned game. Thanks a bunch! (:

Message 49 of 120 (3,066 Views)

★★ Pro

If you are still having issues, read the very first post of this thread,

as well as the most recent one, by me.

[PC] Ongoing investigation

Message 50 of 120 (3,066 Views)