Re: Crashing on Startup

by nfrankefort

Original Post

Hero

@ztakeom Did you take a look at any of the threads/posts for possible solutions? AVG or Avast are well known causes of crashing on start up, if you use either of these try adding exceptions for the game, Origin and the game folder in your user folder, see if that helps. Wouldn't hurt to do the same thing if you use a different AV program.

Have you tried turning off your Razer software? It is also a well known cause of issues for DAI. 

If neither of those help, try providing a bit more information, such as what else you've tried, whether you're using mods/command line arguments, if you've disabled Origin in game, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 111 of 120 (2,574 Views)

★★ Novice

Opening a lot of exclusions for DAi on avast worked for me, as suggested!  Grateful =)

Message 112 of 120 (2,482 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and if you use AVG (Like me) then just create an exception for DA:I and it should run perfectly Standard smile

If it doesn't I'm not sure what problem you then have.

Message 113 of 120 (2,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Holy damn, WEEKS of trying to figure this junk out and all I had to do was put an exception in my avast >__< thank you!!

Message 114 of 120 (2,436 Views)

★ Novice

I was having the same issue, and it seems the common denominator is AV software. I was running Avast! AV, choose to disable the shields for 10 minutes, and the game booted up just fine.

Message 115 of 120 (2,427 Views)

★★ Novice

I had disabled Avast temporarily before thinking that would fix it but it didn't. Didn't think making an exclusion to dragon age inquisition would make a difference but it did! So you have to specifically make an exclusion with your AV (Avast and AVG tend to be problem for most people it seems) instead of just disabling it. 

Message 116 of 120 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I confirm that Avast is the cause for crashing at startup on Windows 10.

Just disable temporaly Avast and the game will lauch.

Message 117 of 120 (1,475 Views)

★★ Novice

well it dind work for me

Message 118 of 120 (1,135 Views)

@dedood2008

Not exactly sure what you wrote...I think you meant It didn't work for you, in which case I would ask that you post Dxdiag and data requested in the how to post to get a answer sticky post at the top of the forum.  Mostly what I need is DxDiag and exactly what it is doing and when. 

If this isn't what you were saying, then sorry, and please feel free to post back with a correction to my assumption..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 119 of 120 (1,123 Views)

★★ Novice

nah my prob is no more 

avast whas not playing nice whit  DAI 

Message 120 of 120 (1,084 Views)