Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age server

by Maevos

Original Post

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★★★ Novice

Same here,i bought the deluxe edition a month before release for this, never again origin, never.

Message 61 of 154 (1,209 Views)

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same plroblems as well, the game tries to connect to the server, then get stuck in an infinite loading loop, or flat-out freezes. Game works fine when setting Origin to play offline, but then I can only play in the default world state, and can't access any online feature.

Message 62 of 154 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bumping this because people at bioware need to freaking see it.

Message 63 of 154 (1,170 Views)

★ Apprentice

i should've just pirated that damn game. i knew that their stupid DRM will be broken in a few weeks and the only reason i bought this stinker beacuse i needed acces to on-line features like Keep and multplayer AND THEY DON'T WORK!! 

i admit that it was a stupid decision and i regret it. from now on i promise never repeat this mistake again, yo-ho-ho and the buttle of rum!

Message 64 of 154 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Gonna put what I said in another post about all the issues pepole have been having with the PC version of DA:I. I think it counts for this problem too.

Yeah not everyone is having problems but there's a very large portion of people who haven't been able to play certain features of the game or the game at all since it came out. The fact that the devs have been nearly silent about the numerous issues that some people have been having is sickening. I don't know if the problems are so numerous that they don't have time to even talk about them or send word to the community that they're being fixed, which seems very unlikely, or if the reason why they're being silent is because they don't give a **bleep** about the few of us that are dealing with issues with a game we payed full retail for. I don't care if its even just one person having a problem they can't fix on their own, your job after developing a game should be to keep it and the community updated on bug fixes and solutions to our problems. Period. I would say I'm appauled at EA for this kind of behavior but they're a company that I should expect this sort of thing from. I'm surprised, however, that we're getting this from a Bioware game. When a bunch of crybaby fanboys **bleep** and moan about the ending of Mass Effect 3, they'll jump right in and make a whole new ending for them, but when people are legitimitely having issues even opening up the game they payed $60+ for, they turn the blind eye.

**bleep** disgraceful.

Message 65 of 154 (1,141 Views)

★ Novice

Yup having the same issue with this game and I've noticed that Mass Effect 3 has started doing the notorious you are not connected to origin Mass Effect 3 will now close while the origin overlay is right there showing I'm connected.  I've tried all the steps I've read about including deleting everything associated with origin including the hidden folders and reg. enteries then doing a fresh install after restart andddddd nothing.  It seems bioware games are the only ones with issues for me.  Battlefield 4 works no problem. The only thing I haven't tried is a fresh install of windows which I'm not going to do for two games.  I would rather purge them and EA's terrible DRM from my system than have to reinstall all my software. 

Message 66 of 154 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Should have read about the problems with the game before I bought it. I did hear it was buggy, but not that you couldent even start it. 

Buying a game for close to 60 **bleep** euros and then it dosn't work thanks to a drakonian DRM... Yeah, so the pirates cracked your drm already, and we paying customers still sit here waiting for you to fix our payed for product. See EA, this is why people pirate games!

In all my years, I've never had any problems with buying games online, not even once in well over 150 games, including several EA & Bioware games. This is the first and I even waited a month due to the bugs I read about. Seems like you havent fixed the most critical one, the fact that we cant even start the game...

Sorry, but patience is not one of my virtues. 

Edit

Just to make sure, I downloaded ME3 and it started up and connected to the EA servers just fine, so the problem it not on my part, it's your fault. Fix it!

Message 67 of 154 (1,103 Views)

★★ Novice

Plus one.

Game tell me I need to connect, I press the connect button and got a error box, just in no time, I need to login (and I realy logged in).

Hey, could you just make more informative error messages? Some logs? Anything!

Message 68 of 154 (1,087 Views)

★ Novice

I'll throw myself in with this lot... I got this game back in November... had to replay Origins, Awakening, and DAII while working and taking care of my kids.

I finished Dragon Age II  yesterday with the ending and playthrough I want, so naturally I was very excited to start Dragon Age Inquisition today.

But now I'm having all the same problems that this lot is having... and looking back I see that this is an ongoing issue!

As a customer I feel like we're being ignored, you have our money and that's all EA has ever cared about.  Like Ubisoft the quality of the product doesn't mean anything compared to rapid release to the demanding public.  The bottom dollar right?

I would like to stress to EA that they are very close to losing return customers... I love Bioware, but with the dreaded overlords of EA... I think I will have to refrain from spending anymore money on products and services that forget about the consumer.

in short.... FIX THIS!

Message 69 of 154 (1,075 Views)

★ Novice

All I had to  do was rant... >.>  Problem fixed itself for me.

Message 70 of 154 (1,074 Views)