Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age server

by Maevos

Original Post

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have already given up on this issue ever getting fixed. Will I purchase Mass Effect 4? No. Definitely not.

You reap what you sow EA/Bioware.

Message 51 of 154 (1,579 Views)

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★★★ Novice

I'm going to give another try at sending a report to the Keep staff. Maybe someone from there will pay attention to this since EA's staff is straight out ignoring the issue.

Message 52 of 154 (1,558 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is this ever going to get fixed? Can't play with my friends... random people no problems.... 

Can this be releated with my Internet Connection?

Message 53 of 154 (1,545 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem. I have had the game since day one. I already made a post but I will repeat it here.

"Hello,

I have now had DA:I for over a month now and every day I try to get it to connect and it still fails to connect. I would like to use my world state I have made in the Dragon Keep very much as I played Dragon Age: Origins for a couple of hundred hours and even took the time right before DA:I came out to play through Dragon Age: Origins and DA2 before DA:I came out to both refresh myself on the story and to make sure I was making the right choices in the Dragon Keep.

The problem I am having is after I click to continue it attempts to connect and then does not but no error pops up yet. Nothing happens no matter how long I leave it at that point so I attempt to use the Log In button. This time I get an error saying I must be connect and online through the Origin window even when I am logged on and looking at the fact that I am logged on at the same time I click the button. I have even made sure I was online on the Dragon Age website, Dragon Keep, Origin launcher, Origin website, and EA website all at the same time.

I do not have any other Origin accounts so I know I am using the right one and I can not attempt the 'use a friends account/computer to log in and then mine again' fix as currently I am the only one with access to a computer, with Origin, and with the game.

Note: Both the game (DA:I Digital Delux Edition) and Origin are installed on my E: drive as my C: drive is only a 60GB SSD boot drive.

I have attempted the following in every possible combination including all at the same time, but nothing works:

I have reinstalled the game (reboot after and no reboot after)

I have reinstalled Origin (reboot after and no reboot after)

I have ran the game as ADMIN

I have ran Origin as ADMIN

I have allowed both the game and Origin in my firewall profile

I have disabled my firewall

I have set up all of the recommend port forwarding options listed here - http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-for-dragon-age-inquisition/

I have used a VPN

I have disabled AMD/Raptor Gaming Evolved

I have reset my router

The only suggested thing I have not tested, as I can not, is to directly connect my Internet into my computer; as I have an all in one modem/router unit , and as it is not one from my ISP and it is my own I have also not contacted my ISP.

I would very very very much like to be able to connect to the servers as it should not be this hard to make it work. I have no issues with ANY other game, program, or browser with any online features; this is the ONLY one.

Please figure out a way to patch this issue or just allow the Dragon Keep to some how be used offline such as either built directly into the game or where I can download the file from the Dragon Keep website and directly import that, or even just some how bring back the direct save import system that worked much better than this. I don't care about the multi player option I just want my world to be the way it should be. I don't want to have to attempt to get a refund for the game but if I have to I will, simply on the grounds that I did not get what was advertised.

This is why too much DRM only hurts the consumers."

There is no reason for this problem to not be fixed yet.

Message 54 of 154 (1,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as others.  I get the dissconnect message.  In searching for a solution I am also seeing posts about not being able to play from multiple PCs on the same home network since they require you to do port forwarding.  This is quite unacceptable.  It is a great game so I bout copies for two of my kids and myself in order to do multiplayer together.  Now I find that not only can't I play multiplayer but even if I fix this problem I won't be able to play with them?  I would like a refund!

Message 55 of 154 (1,481 Views)

★★ Novice

Beeing able to use Keep offline would be a solution only for those who are not interested in multiplayer. Bump, please EA, this is so frustrating....

Message 56 of 154 (1,464 Views)

★ Apprentice

still offlne-keep would be better than what we have now. not all of us have the opportunity to be on-line all the time 

Message 57 of 154 (1,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Can't access keep, can't log onto multiplayer, can't even get access to the DLC weapons I got. I'm shocked that EA/Bioware has said NOTHING about this problem when it looks like several people are having the same issue. I'm seriously considering not buying any more origin games for PC until this problem is fixed.

Message 58 of 154 (1,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have 4 posts.. all about this

Message 59 of 154 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am still having this problem. I am still waiting on a further response from EA tech support. Some acknowledgement of this problem is the absolute least you should do for your customers.

Message 60 of 154 (1,356 Views)