Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age server

by Maevos

Original Post

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★ Newbie
I,ve been having the same problem I,ll get in a game online and it seems to be doing fine and then I get dropped. Says the server is down. Then I go to dashboard and reboot game and it goes into the multiplayer just fine. Play for a couple minutes if I,m lucky and then I get dropped again for the same reason, or and has also happened a lot. I,ll be online going through the checkpoints and then all of a sudden can,t open the next door because all the enemies are not dead but yet can,t find any. So then the host has to leave so it does a host migration. This game has more glitches and problems then ANY game I have ever played. Tired of losing xp, gold, and items because the game decides to freeze because it doesn't know what to do next. Causing me to have to shut my Xbox off improperly and then reboot the whole game. Spent to much money for this game for the issues that we all in general have been having just to play it... Not worth it..
Message 91 of 154 (1,698 Views)

Re: Connection to Dragon Age server lost / Unable to connect to Dragon Age serve

★★★★★ Apprentice

You may end up damaging your console because of this game, if it keeps shutting off improperly.

Message 92 of 154 (1,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This game is more of a headache then it's worth.... They need to get it fixed. I understand new games have bugs but my god this one I think was rushed and not well tested. You they had to get it out there before the holidays. That's most important.... To them.
Message 93 of 154 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thought to add also here what I did to get the connection working and to import the custom world state.

I also had a problem with connecting the Dragon Age servers for importing the world state. Today I first uninstalled DA:I and then uninstalled Origin. After that I first re-installed Origin (to a D:\ -drive, where I had installed in originally) and then took off automatic game update(s) and re-installed DA:I. After that I was able to connect to the Dragon Age servers and import the custom world state and was finally able to start the game.

I'm not fully sure, but I suspect that the issue could have something to do with the automatic game updates - probably Origin update DA:I and the update broke something so that the game was not able to connect to the Keep / DA servers. Just a theory, but I think it might have something to do with the recent updates.

Still I think that it would have been better if there would be a chance to download the world state from the Keep as a file and then that file could be imported to the game.

Message 94 of 154 (1,527 Views)

★ Novice

Had the same issues as everyone else, did all the fixes on my Windows 8.1 Computer with no success.

But then I installed the game on one of my older Windows 7 Computers just to test and it worked fine there.

So all I did was edit using Icon Properties (by right-clicking the Icon and clicking Properties) the Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition Icons to run in Compatibility mode for Windows 7, then run Origins Icon first, then run the Game Icon second, and voila it worked for me.

I also configured the Icons to run in Admin mode just in case.

Looks like EA has to fix something with Windows 8 PCs not connecting, at least in my case.

Hope this helps others who are Windows 8 like me.

Message 95 of 154 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Captain's Log: Day 38. Today I tried to connect to Dragon Age servers again, hoping that a miracle would happen. It didn't. I'm planning to throw the game to the sharks tomorrow.

Message 96 of 154 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

exact same issues just want to talk to someone from origin. which seems impossible also

Message 97 of 154 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the only time that I as an EU citizen hope that the European Commission actually intervenes as this easily impacts consumers by the thousands. 

I bought a console: legit.

I bought the game: legit.

Yet, the obedient citizens are punished whilst the @#$#@ out there with cracked games enjoy their illegally obtained content.

I am attempting to play an OFFLINE storyline game and I cannot because the freaking servers arent available: how far do you want to go with pushing away those who try to do good and actually pay serious money for your games. 

FIX IT and lose the online authentication for offline player modi. 

-- PVK

Message 98 of 154 (1,309 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

lol seems all this DAI issue is just a cash grab?

Message 99 of 154 (1,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Game of the year, only able to play offline and can't access the most advertised features 10/10.

Message 100 of 154 (1,176 Views)