Companions aren't bantering?

by littlebrightp

Original Post

Re: Companions aren't bantering?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue.. just thought it was a horrible design change until I saw this thread.

Bummer that I dont find anything official regarding this (i.e. a fix)

@littlebrightp wrote:

I have noticed that my companion only banter about once in every area. I've heard from others that they banter far more often, approximately every 10 minutes.

I tried to vary where I take my companions, roads, through the wilderness, a bit of both -as banter in DAO and DA2 was dependend on location triggers. Did not change anything.

Could they be bugged or is the banter rate down? 

Message 21 of 388 (4,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem. I've noticed the only time I seem to get banter is when I switch in someone that I haven't played for awhile; I'll get one or two banters with them before things go silent again. Area doesn't seem to matter.

Message 22 of 388 (4,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Noticing this problem as well. There was maybe once when I was roaming storm coast did a lot of banter occured. But before and since then nothing else. Its been to quiet even for having Varric in my party. 

Message 23 of 388 (4,375 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey, everyone. So sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the party banter not firing. We'll definitely look into it. What platform is everyone playing on?

Message 24 of 388 (4,371 Views)

★ Novice
PS4. Physical copy
Message 25 of 388 (4,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

@dhulegaard wrote:

Hey, everyone. So sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the party banter not firing. We'll definitely look into it. What platform is everyone playing on?

Playing on the Playstation 3 here.

Message 26 of 388 (4,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PC here, but from what I've seen the issue is across all platforms. Both old gen and new gen consoles as well as the PC. 

Message 27 of 388 (4,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Have you guys tried changing the language?

I play in french and I have all the banter I could wish for.

I was thinking that maybe if you set the language or the subtitles to another language you would get some banter that you could then understand via subtitles or speech according to your preferences...

Message 28 of 388 (4,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's been hit and miss with me. sometimes I'll get to playing along and wonder if anyone has anything to talk about, and other times I enjoy the humorus talks they all have been having.

Message 29 of 388 (4,330 Views)

★ Novice
PC, digital download. Haven't noticed any difference between regions. Idling at the war table has more NPC interaction. :P
Message 30 of 388 (4,310 Views)