Can not return to the Frostback Basin, get CTD (Jaws of Hakkon)

by Slayen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not return to the Frostback Basin, get CTD (Jaws of Hakkon)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So after completeing the 'Worthy of Publication' quest I returned to Skyhold to do the 'Appeal to the Shaperate' wartable mission.

After doing it and then heading to the undercroft to tweak some of my gear and put a few items in storage I went to the world map and found that while the icon for the Basin was there I could not interact with it.

Puzzled, I went to the war-table and found I could travel to it that way.  So I selected to go there, grabed my usual group, confimed it, and then CTD'ed.

So I loaded up the game (thank the maker for autosave) and tried again, CTD.

Loaded up again, traveled to Emprise du Lion, got there just fine.  I then used the world map from there and found I could select the Basin.

So I did just then, and got a CTD.

I would rather like to actually finish the DLC so a prompt response would be very appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (2,806 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not return to the Frostback Basin, get CTD (Jaws of Hakkon)

Community Manager

@Slayen Hey, can you try a repair to start?

Right-click the game panel in Origin to see this option. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,203 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Slayen Hey, can you try a repair to start?

Right-click the game panel in Origin to see this option. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,204 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Seems to have worked.

Although this now if anything leaves me even more confused.  A few hours earlier I went back to an earlier save and it didn't have any issues.  That means, that some how something happened in the 30 minutes of game time to cause this.

And for the life of me I can not fathom what.

Still, map seems to work now.  So, thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (2,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, I really need to remember to take longer that 30 seconds before declaring something fixed.  I'm going to blame being awake for only 5 minutes.

I was able to fast travel back to the basin fine, but the moment I clicked the boat to travel to the Island for the quest "What yet Lingers" I immediately CTD.

Now, I re-verified the files again and then loaded up back up and was able to use the boat.  Then used the boat to go back and forth a couple of times and things seem to be working properly again.

That said, the fact that I had to repair the game twice like that in such a short span is now getting me a wee bit on edge.

Message 4 of 6 (2,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I can't get to the frostback basin. I haven't even been there yet. The game is stuck on the black loading scene and nothing I do helps. I have reloaded to previous saves and tried fast traveling beforehand so I'm not always in skyhold. But it won't work. This is the PS4 version but the other dlc packs work fine. What should I do? Is there an easy fix or a reason for my problem? Other profiles have the same problem. I would rather not have to start a new game as I have done much in this one and would prefer not to lose my progress.
Message 5 of 6 (2,101 Views)

@ShadowHeart251

I am sorry to say, I am a PC player and don't know much about trouble on consoles.....

Generally, things to try...

1)  Repair install...I assume you can still do this on console.

2)  Delete and redownload and reinstall dlc, making sure it is completely installed before starting.

3)  Power cycle your console...which means powering down, unplugging for a minute and then bringing back up.

4)  Hope someone who knows consoles better comes along with a great idea.....

5)  Contact EA support and use chat option in Firefox browser......Official EA help site.....

Good luck, and sorry I didn't post earlier, as I was hoping one of the ones who know consoles would.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6 (2,072 Views)