Bugged Corypheus Fight

by M7Nmuse

Original Post

Bugged Corypheus Fight

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, my game keeps having the same problem at the same time. I'm fighting Corypheus get to like the third platform or whatever it is right before the first supply create. I fight him there get him to like half health, and it acts like it wants to go into a cutscene. I get this blackscreen with sounds going on in the background with my fight still going on it sits there for like 2-3 minutes after which it's just all of us auto attacking him to 1 health. I've reloaded my autosave like 4 times now. I'm wondering maybe if it has something to do with one my characters dieing. Cause I'm always going to that part with someone dieing right before it triggers. I'll try reloading from another save that isn't too far from there. It's possible the autosave is bugged. But, I have found a video that shows my similar problem. 

Link of the bug happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZ_73eFnfM

Message 1 of 16 (17,194 Views)

Re: Bugged Corypheus Fight

★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Please do something, it's a beautiful game but this bug must be fixed as soon as possible, people have spent their money for this.

Message 2 of 16 (17,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue on my ps4 i hope it gets fixed soon i want to beat the game to play it on nightmare after .......

Message 3 of 16 (17,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My problem is slightly different. The cutscene loads fine, but shortly after it crashes to desktop with no error messages.  Ive tried this various ways and the result is the same everytime give or take a couple seconds before crashing. It appears it wont even let me skip the cutscene either. at this point the game is completely unplayable and Ive essentially lost 60+ hours. EA/Bioware really needs to do something about this

Message 4 of 16 (17,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to finally beat him after the fourth time of restarting my game and shutting off my PS4, weird that it did it at all. Good luck

Message 5 of 16 (16,990 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem as well.  Got him to half health, it went to a loading screen for a few minutes, when it came back, he was just standing there, bouncing up and down.  Reloading my autosave from the start of the battle fixed it for me.  Others have said that once you get back from the loading screen, and see that it is bugged, you can just run down the stairs to the beginning of the area and it should trigger the cutscene that is supposed to play.  I have not tried this as it worked for me after my first reload.

Anyway, it definitely ruined the exciting momentum of the fight to get him to half health, then sit on a loading screen for so long, then have it bug out.

Hope it gets fixed, and I hope you all are able to get passed it.

Message 6 of 16 (16,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had exactly the same issue. Twice in a row. When googling about it, I saw a tip that it happens if the PC hurts him too much too fast just before the cutscene - and sure enough, when I tried it a third time and just hit him with normal attacks during that stage, it worked fine.

Here's the YouTube-clip with the comment I mentioned ("Apparently if you lower his health too fast in that section of the fight against him it glitches like that."):

http://youtu.be/Tr5RiAJWSSw

OT, the boss fight in Dragonborn for Skyrim has the same issue - if his health is lowered too fast, it messes up the scripted fight.

Message 7 of 16 (16,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yep, had the exact same issue.

Can confirm that "defeating Coryphyspit too quickly" was the problem. 

Re-loaded the auto-save made at some point (can't remember if it was the start or the half-way point) during the battle and deliberately took it easy on the old guy. 

Got the cut-scene to trigger, and from there the end-game was a breeze.

Message 8 of 16 (15,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

If reloading and other witchcraft doesn't work, here's a possible solution which worth a try. Little bit "homemade", but it saved my 150 hours of gameplay in an almost too easy way. I played the game on PS4, but I guess it works on other platforms too. You or one of your companions have to be a rogue using bow. Go to the edge of the floating rock you're on, where you can see another floating piece of mountain, there should be Morrigan standing in the shape of a dragon which attacked Corypheus' archdemon in the beginning. Normally you couldn't jump over to that rock, but when you're on the very edge, just turn over, use the attack which comes with a backflip. If it doesn't work instantly, jut keep trying, you only have to pay attention to the direction of your flight. Once you arrived to the mentioned floating rock, the video should appear, and you can continue your story. Good luck and game on, guys!

Message 9 of 16 (15,197 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen on my first playthrough as well (on the PC though). It went to a black screen for a while then back to the game.

What worked for me to get the game back on track was to walk back the way I came, but keeping to the right of the path down the stairs. The cutscene then triggered for me and the game progreesed normally.

Message 10 of 16 (14,895 Views)