Blue screen/ PC crash on DA: Inquisition

by klusps

Original Post

Blue screen/ PC crash on DA: Inquisition

★ Apprentice

Hello, so I'm having this strange problem where my game would randomly crashes and I get the blue screen error which then forces me to restart my computer. This crash occurs spontaneously 1-5+hour sessions. It also only happens when I'm playing this game; I play other games like Counter Strike: GO, Battlefield 4, Advance Warfare just fines for hours. 

My Nvidia Drivers are up to date to 3.44.75. My current rig is:

GTX770 2GB

8GB RAM

AMD FX 8350 

Windows 7

Message 1 of 9 (7,552 Views)

Re: Blue screen/ PC crash on DA: Inquisition

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Try installing the nvidia 344.80 hotfix driver,

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id​/3607/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-344.80

BSOD's are often hardware/driver related. It might a good idea to check your gaming temps with HWmonitor.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Message 2 of 9 (7,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the same problem and it was caused by the "-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+" fix to the 30 fps lock on cinematics.

So if you use this fix, try without.

Message 3 of 9 (7,485 Views)

★ Apprentice

I seem to just got it again recently. On the blue screen page it said Kernel data inpage error. 

Message 4 of 9 (7,479 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try this...

Test your windows for errors
This works in all windows O/S vista Win7, Win8 and Win8.1 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

For win7 go to start left click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as admin

For win 8.1 right click start bottom left of screen and pick command prompt admin

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything and it will also fix errors in the registry :]

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

Message 5 of 9 (7,475 Views)

★★ Guide

Try running the "chkdsk C: /f /r /x" fix, instructions are here, http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/05/kernel-data-inpage-error/

Message 6 of 9 (7,474 Views)

Hero (Retired)

lol was just about to edit my post and add same thing lol good job :womanhappy:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-with-this-error-code/0...

Message 7 of 9 (7,463 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you guys know if it works!

Message 8 of 9 (7,426 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Cool good luck fingers crossed for you :womanhappy:

Message 9 of 9 (7,418 Views)