At Skyhold, and I still cannot equip regeneration potions. I have the recipe PS4

by RespawnBattleEye

Original Post

At Skyhold, and I still cannot equip regeneration potions. I have the recipe PS4

★★ Novice
I am at Skyhold. I waited to get here hoping that the game would correct itself. I cannot equip regeneration potions and when I go to the equip potion table it only shows that I can give characters Lyrium potions. I have plenty of elf root. I'm at a loss. I have the regeneration potion recipe as well... And I've completed the required mission. My game seems to be bugged. Can this be fixed by bioware in an update?
Message 1 of 9 (1,249 Views)

Re: At Skyhold, and I still cannot equip regeneration potions. I have the recipe

★★ Pro

you need the inquisition perks to open the two slots on the potion belt.

Message 2 of 9 (1,245 Views)

Re: At Skyhold, and I still cannot equip regeneration potions. I have the recipe

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Which perk do I need to unlock to get the regeneration potion? I have 3 slots on the belt. One to the left of the health potions and one to the right. I can only equip Lyrium potions despite having the regeneration potion recipe
Message 3 of 9 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

The perk is called Tempered Glass Flasks, and it's in the "Inquisition" subsection of perks. 

If you already have it, can you replace the lyrium potion in the slot with a regen potion? Can you arm a companion with a regen potion? You can toggle between companions using up or down on the d-pad when in the "change potions" menu. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,226 Views)

★★ Novice
I can't arm anyone with regen only Lyrium, but the regen shows up in my recipes
Message 5 of 9 (1,217 Views)

★★ Novice
If you have an email address I can send you a video showing that it's broken. I'm wondering if I broke the game by crafting the Lyrium potion first and then doing it after some events and not finishing the potion quest leaving then coming back and finishing the potion quest. I can only speculate. I'm not crazy lol, I work in tech support for a living and trust me I have tried everything except for starting an entirely new game, but I'm already so far and I like my character.
Message 6 of 9 (1,216 Views)

★★ Novice
I have both slots open. Still cannot equip the regen potion
Message 7 of 9 (1,190 Views)

★★ Novice
David, I still have this problem. I can only equip Lyrium potions.
Message 8 of 9 (1,188 Views)

★★ Novice
David, an update, I reloaded my game back 80 hours to a much earlier save. Literally to the beginning of the game. Went to Adans hut then spoke with him went to the equip potions table and suddenly it popped up with the regen potion as if it crafted it. This tells me that something is broken in my other game. I don't know what. My other game shows the mixing potions quest is completed. However, it only allows me to slot in Lyrium potions. I've tried every possible button combination. I don't want to go back and start my game over.

Here's what I'm asking from Bioware. Can you please implement a bug fix that will auto detect that you have to a potion recipe if you didn't get it earlier, and in order?

I suspect what broke my game is that I crafted the Lyrium potion before crafting the regeneration potion.

I'm playing the game on hard and I need these potions!!! Please fix in a patch!!!
Message 9 of 9 (1,184 Views)