Anchor Discharge

by MKSHy

Original Post

Anchor Discharge

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't seem to be able to use Anchor Discharge.  I've been playing the DLC without using it once because I haven't been able to use it the whole game.  The = key which is supposed to be where i'm able to use the Discharge is still a horse, and when I try to go to my skills to add it on to my quick key bar it wont let me drag.  I'm at a crucial part in the game where i need to use it to move on; Help!

Also, when I go into my abilities page and look at the skill it has a disabled mark at the top of the skill info.  I've tried to change it, but it (the skill) does not show up on the tactics tab.

Message 1 of 16 (11,722 Views)

Re: Anchor Discharge

★★ Novice
I have this problem too. This is absolutely annoying. When the new mark ability was introduced to me, the inquisitor get nothing, instead, Dorian and Blackwall got the new ability (of course it is useless at the last moment in final boss fight), so i'm sticking at releasing the last hit when companions keep shouting at me without any hope. BIOWARE, you should simply let player finish the boss like closing a rift in stead of needing any specific ability. FIX it at once.
Message 2 of 16 (11,624 Views)

★★ Novice

I switched saves and played with another character where I hadn't even started Trespasser yet (nor finished the main plot). I (foolishly) used auto level and it leveled the anchor discharge. The horse button is still a horse button however, and I can't actually discharge the anchor. So now my Inquisitor flashes green all the time (including the annoying sound) even during cutscenes and there is nothing to do. I could use the rift thingy ability but it doesn't work at Skyhold and the cooldown time is way too long for that to be practical anyway. I also tried the amulet to get all my points back, but the anchor discharge points weren't refunded... Help? It's pretty much unplayable to me, because the annoying flashing takes me out of the story (especially in romance scenes...).

Message 3 of 16 (11,427 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone had any luck so far in fixing this glitch? I am affected by it too. Green glow around the character and Anchor Discharge permanently disabled. 

Message 4 of 16 (11,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Sorry, no solutions that I've heard of yet :/. I haven't checked if they've fixed it since this last patch.
Message 5 of 16 (11,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope but I found out what caused it. It started when I looked through the Trials settings, enabled and immediately disabled something without leaving the settings at all. I ended up going back to a previous save, no problem anymore.

Message 6 of 16 (11,245 Views)

★ Novice

Might I ask what previous save? Because I have the Anchor Discharge on Varric now I am stuck with it...Anyone able to help with this? Thank you!

Message 7 of 16 (11,120 Views)

★★ Novice

Well... I never overwrite my save files, which means I have hundreds of saves for my characters at pretty much every point of the story. I went back and loaded every one of them until I found one where the issue wasn't present yet. As long as you don't mess with the trials settings after that, you should be fine. I was, at least.

Message 8 of 16 (11,115 Views)

★ Novice

@SquaredSquib wrote:

Well... I never overwrite my save files, which means I have hundreds of saves for my characters at pretty much every point of the story. I went back and loaded every one of them until I found one where the issue wasn't present yet. As long as you don't mess with the trials settings after that, you should be fine. I was, at least.

Unlucky for me I did not have multiple save point Devil I try loading back previous save, but still the same the anchor is on Varric for me. Any chance that EA address this bug yet? 
Message 9 of 16 (11,109 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The funny thing is, it works for me using a controller (what I was using originally when the ability gets introduced in the Elven ruins) (the little LT+LS icon is there and I can use it).  I usually game with mouse and keyboard and when I switch to those controls, Anchor Discharge is disabled and unavailable. It's excruciatingly frustrating, because I can see it my inquisitor's abilities but it is greyed out and and unavailable, I can't drag it to my hotbar or anything, totally dead. The horse/= icon is still just a horse icon, which is what it is ostensibly supposed to be on PC but for the life of me I haven't seen it. Kind of sucks because I just occasionally play the game with a controller, and now I will be forced to it seems if I want to use this ability. Switching back and forth between KB+mouse and controller never lets it be available for KB+mouse controls, only for controller. Not using trials like one player mentioned but tried switching those on and off, didn't have any impact. Love this game, one of my favorite series, but I'll have to play the Witcher 2 instead now, I know that at least works. :P Bioware please fix this! Thanks Standard smile

Message 10 of 16 (11,048 Views)