Amulet of power not spawning

by Joetechno85

Original Post

Amulet of power not spawning

★★ Novice

So I just started playing again and places where I have gotten AoP do not drop them now. I have searched online and on the forums. I see that several people are having the same issue. Just curious if there is a fix to this or if its still a known bug with no solution? I am on the PC version of the game.

Message 1 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: Amulet of power not spawning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm aware that some of the patches may have changed/removed some AoP from the game or changed their location to prevent cheats.

For example, in Crestwood on a first playthrough (Patch 6 is installed)  the AoP now spawns as an area to be examined (instead of in in a loot box with a gold amulet), and when examined contains just the AoP.

Message 2 of 5 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok so it is still possible to get a few of the amulets then? But the ones from chests are no more? Been looking online and a lot of the amulets that drop are from chests and from what people are saying all of them now do not drop. I am currently in the vaults of valaamar when I saved last. I'm not sure if I should keep going or should I wait to see if the missing Amulets are actually a bug. Not sure if missing some of these amulets is a game breaker or not.

Message 3 of 5 (394 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, you get at least one per PC and NPC with the game at patch 6, having just finished Crestwood and the Abyss arc recently on my current playthrough.

There was a well-publicised exploit available with older versions of the game that allowed the AoP in a chest to be effectively mined, so (in my opinion) that was a very good reason to make the changes I have seen in the current version of the game.

Message 4 of 5 (361 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah ok sounds good thanks for the help!!

Message 5 of 5 (342 Views)