[AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

by raynkure

Original Post

Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

★★★ Expert

Well, being below the minimum requirements to run the game at all aside since the game has ran on that computer and, assuming the stress of doing that has not damaged it beyond the ability to at least open the game, the two obvious things I see are no audio driver and, graphics drivers from 2013.

You will need to look on the website for the manufacturer of that computer to fins those as they are probably customized to that make of computer so, generic drivers may or may not work.

Also check for any bios or other updates form there while you are on the site.

Message 41 of 230 (5,648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I first searched Fujitsu's site for drivers, was all good, but then I couldn't for some reason anymore.... Googled, and found an entire exe file with drivers I needed... 25!

So, I will get back after installing those to see if I had any luck. Wink

Message 42 of 230 (5,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This did solve the issue I had, thank you! :D

I just run Origin as Admin, then DA:I as Admin, and, tada... playtime! ^^

Message 43 of 230 (5,616 Views)

★ Novice

I had the exact same issue, and adding DA:I to the exceptions in AVG resolved the issue. 

Thank you for posting this (and golly I wish I had seen it sooner...)

Message 44 of 230 (5,607 Views)

Re: Current Issue May 2016: Inquisition won't open on PC

★★★ Novice

I have been getting black screen for about a second on start-up formatted the HD several times and re-loaded and all it was, was my antivirus deleted it and loaded straight up so AVG was doing it

Message 45 of 230 (5,592 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And it's back to not working, even though I used the "update" option, orz. Frown

Played fine for a couple of days, but now, nope.

Message 46 of 230 (5,581 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem that u

Message 47 of 230 (5,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ZetsuAiPlays Could you post a new dxdiag? (Since you updated, things will have changed from the previous one). Is the game still asking to be updated? That is really strange. When you go to [drive] > Program Files (may be under Program Files (x86) ) > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch folder and open the package.mft file using notepad, what does that file say? Does it change after updating? Are you using any mods? (I'm guessing not, but doesn't hurt to ask).

@sobamelaquena Answering in your separate thread, your issue doesn't seem related to this thread at all, since you're not using AVG. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 48 of 230 (5,562 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

here

Message 49 of 230 (5,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah, I should have explained - my game itself doesn't say it needs to update, it just starts if I do this, well, usually;

* Run Origin as Admin

*Search for Updates in Origins; Dragon Age Inquisition

*Run DA:I as Admin

I did manage to play again, doing this. Anyway, here's the dxdiag again. Standard smile

http://hastebin.com/wejipotami.tex

Message 50 of 230 (5,528 Views)