Re: [AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

Are you putting both the DAI Origin games and then also adding DAI folders that house the saves too in the exceptions??  Are you putting the Origin program into exceptions too??

User folder for saves is usually in: ---   C:\Users\(User Name)\Documents\BioWare

DAI program in Origin Saves most common address --    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

I am curious to know if people are getting all the folders and if it makes any difference. 

Also to me this seems to be more of a AV developer issue, as I don't see any way EA/Bioware could plan for AVs deciding they are bugs and needing to be stomped out a few years after they made the game...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 131 of 230 (1,913 Views)

Re: [AVG] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occuring after Origin update)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hm. I've been having the same issue since I, - wait for it! - updated my NVIDIA drivers.  I've uploaded GeForce Experience and set it on driver update. What could be the case here? Uploading new drivers usually helps instead of crushing the game. I've reinstalled the game twice, deleted and reinstalled origins and the game too, but the problem reoccurs.

My PC is not the best one, of course, but even with my GTX 770 I have 175 hours in DA:I and been moving through it thoroughly and am one quest from the end, when suddenly it stops working after merely a driver update. Does anyone has any tips?hastebin DXDIAG

PS: any other game, even newer, like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 or the latest Hitman work just fine.

Message 132 of 230 (1,812 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The last year and a half, maybe more, half of the time, a Geforce driver upgrade fails on Frostbite games like this one!  Far too often, Geforce Experience screws things up, and has to be uninstalled.  Typically, it's best to roll back to the driver that worked, and wait until a "fixed" driver replaces it at last! 

AVG was needing a fresh, new exception setting every time either the game or the virus package (or even Origin) get any updates!  Avast isn't as big of a problem, but it's still doing something similar.

Message 133 of 230 (1,793 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for reply, however, rolling back didn't actually work :> Since my prob is not exactly 100% to the thread, I've created a separate one just to keep this one a bit cleaner.

Message 134 of 230 (1,786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OMG THANKS

Message 135 of 230 (1,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everything else I read through here didn't solve this for me.  I found another forum that said to disable Razer Synapse if it was running.  I have a Razer mouse, so I did this and Inquisition started running again.

Message 136 of 230 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disabled my Avast antivirus program and then Inquisition ran.

Message 137 of 230 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@LakeofChaos @fernthewanderer

Thanks for confirming the solution :-)

Once you've gotten back to the game, feel free to return here to let us know how you've been enjoying it.

Message 138 of 230 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Fix for Avast anti virus users follow these steps

(Step 1) open Avast and click on Settings in the lower left of the page.
(Step 2)  at the left it says Components  open this.
(Step 3) You need to search for the Behavior shield and click on Customize
(Step 4) you will see two options you need to select and open Exclusions 

(Step 5) You need to add the game folder to the Exclusions list make sure you select the entire game folder and not just the run.exe of said game. Gamers that have this issue with multiple games pay attention you usually find these folders at C drive/Program files x86 Origin games and or Steam depending on what game you want to add to the Exclusions list.

Hope this helps you girls and boys Peace out.

Message 139 of 230 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For the easiest approach, simply do as followed:

1. Right-click the Avast icon

2. Select "Open Avast user interface"

3. Select "Settings"

4. Go to the "Components" tab

5. Select "Behavior Shield" > "Customize"

6. Click on "Exclusions"

7. Add the main folder into which you installed the game