dragon age 2 wont activate

by nightfpn1

Original Post

dragon age 2 wont activate

★★★ Newbie

I have just installed Dragon Age 2 from DVD I  have entered the serial code on the back of the manual is there anything else I need to do. When I hit play it asks for a release date check which always states an error occurred during the online release date check , I click retry . I have tried this a dozen times , the suggested support is a static webpage at securom,com in Austria and is no help at all. 

I bought this new from a retail store but waited til I completed the other origins and awakenings games to install it. 

Is the game obsolete or is this a virus or just a way to get more money?

Message 1 of 8 (1,732 Views)

Re: dragon age 2 wont activate

Community Manager

@nightfpn1 The game should work, but there are some different versions of the game that might have some extra hoops to jump through. 

Can you try redeeming the code on Origin and see if you can launch the game from there?

https://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have tried redeeming my code on origin... still doesn't work. Still getting failed date check. Anyone can help me?

Message 3 of 8 (1,660 Views)

★ Novice

I'm using my own personal install disks from 2011 and I can't get any registration to validate. My installed games (going back to IWD) seems to have been purged from the system in the months between computers and RL, Some were electronic. most were disk. The page to let me enter codes WILL NOT load, it's just empty white. The set up

I paid hundreds for editions and DLC licenses etc, I want my game to work or I WANT it all back. I was telling a coworker how great a game it was and it won't even install. The help system kept bouncing me to dead and linkless places.

Message 4 of 8 (1,605 Views)

Community Manager

@L8NitePlyr Hey, if you contact support they should be able ot help. They can check your content and help to update you to a modern Origin version, which should get things cleared up for you. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (1,598 Views)

★ Novice

Very early today I found the dopwnload for the 1.04 executable. I got all the downloads, EXCEPT Mark of the Assassin, which fails with no message. (did traceroute which seems to keep dying at the same location 4.68.71.133, exceptioned the site, even turned off my AV, and did 6 attempts in 12 hours. I get hogg files for my MMO and other apps so is there any other site with the file available?

(Not that Talis is anything but annoying, but I like the plot and setting)

Message 6 of 8 (1,593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem nightfpn1. I bought the game a few years ago, installed it and played it. Then I uninstalled. Now I want to play it again - I have installed it and the same thing happens to me.

There is some info on the securom support page that is linked but I dont know what should i do.

Message 7 of 8 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

L8Niteplyr - your answer worked for me!

I downloaded patch 1.04 that shows up in the game launcher and I was able to login with my account and launch the game.

Hope it works all the way thru.

Message 8 of 8 (1,486 Views)