Re: backward compatibility for Dragon Age:Origins and Dragon Age II

by prideassassin78

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

lol So... You released One and Three, but not Two.
Makes perfect sense. 

Maybe EA's history of wonky business decisions will eventually catch up with them. 

Here's to hoping they get this particular mess cleaned up before that happens. If for no other reason than it makes them look incompetent. 

I mean, counting is fairly simple right? Single digit integers especially. You can do it on one hand. 1... 2... 3... See? Simple.

Perhaps 3, 1 is just EA's supercool hipster "you can't tell me how to count! I'll count to three however I want!" attitude. You know, stick it to the Man.

EA is the Man though, so I don't know if they're going for irony or seppuku. 

Any updates? Or are we left adrift on this issue?

Message 11 of 56 (3,024 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Seriously, what's the hold up?? What a slap in the face for fans who have been waiting! Over 30,000 votes to get it uploaded and you guys just back out! Get this game on the one! What a * off.
Message 12 of 56 (2,841 Views)

★★★ Novice

So as of September 10, 2017, Dragon Age 2 has 29469 votes. What's the decision now?

EA, BioWare, Microsoft, I've never scoured the internet so hard just to give you my money! Why won't you take it!?!?! I'm going to buy the game, again, and all the DLC. What must one do to have you take my money!?

Imagine me starting my Dragon Age journey again. Logging about 60 hours on Origins, having EA and BioWare take my money, (again!) So I could experience everything.

I finish all there is to finish, I have many days off work due to Hurricane Irma, so I happily go into EA Access, knowing that I have 4 days free from obligation (and maybe internet), that I can play Dragon Age 2, only to see it not available Disappointed

C'mon guys!

Message 13 of 56 (2,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@kingackee; You do know that no one who has anything to do with this issue from BioWare, EA, or Microsoft reads the AHQ, right?  Raised eyebrow

This is a player-to-player  technical self-help and game-play discussion platform.  We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

Message 14 of 56 (2,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is literally me right now. Did the exact same thing. I voted on the Xbox Backwards Compatibility Forum and signed the Change.org petition. I hope this get resolved soon, because now I'm about to start tweeting them.
Message 15 of 56 (2,700 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ThandalNLyman Matters not to me. I have voted everywhere and replied to every thread on every forum I could find in regards to this subject.

You never know who reads what we post, it may just take a thread landing in front of someone who has some say so in such issues.

Never know unless you try, right Standard smile

Message 16 of 56 (2,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Seems to matter to you, or you wouldn't have posted a direct question.

I'm just letting you know that here on the AHQ you'll get ZERO response from anyone involved.

Message 17 of 56 (2,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What they, and we all, want to know is when will we be able to use Dragon Age II on the X-Box One.

We've all been (some more than others) patiently waiting for this to occur, but Microsoft reps all claim that your company is (to quote one representative) "dragging your heels" on actually allowing this game to go to BWC. I realize this is an old post, over a year old now, but I'm not seeing an actual answer to the question: when is EA/Bioware going to allow Microsoft to put DA2 on BWC?

Message 18 of 56 (2,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh yes, I forgot to add: there are only a few votes less on the BWC thread for DA2 than there were for DA:O, and SIGNIFICANTLY more than there were for certain other products. Almost 30,000. Mass Effect only got 23k. 

Message 19 of 56 (2,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As I have now said three times in this topic, NO ONE from BioWare, EA, or Microsoft who has anything to do with this decision reads, or will ever read, anything posted here.

The AHQ is for player-to-player technical self-help and game-play discussions.  it is NOT an "official feedback channel" for anything at all.

So feel free to piss in the wind by posting here with your desire for a port of a game to the new platform.  But don't think that you'll get a meaningful answer.  This is not the place to have that conversation, since no one who matters is listening.

Message 20 of 56 (2,566 Views)