Re: Using Origin DA2:Black Emp. and Exiled Prince will not install or show in ga

by pinkstorm25

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Using Origin DA2:Black Emp. and Exiled Prince will not install or show in game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi use Windows 10 pc and games are installed using Origin 10.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling game through origin.  As well as uninstalling game with windows then reinstalling with origin for Dragon age 2 with the Black Emporium and Exiled Prince.  And yet I can't get Black Emporium or Exiled Prince to show in game.  Considering I paid for these DLC's I'm finding it frustrating that I'm unable to play both.  Can someone help?   Also Origin shows game DLC installed but of course doesn't show in game.

Message 1 of 3 (705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Using Origin DA2:Black Emp. and Exiled Prince will not install or show in ga

★★★ Newbie

Hi,  I found the actual solution by fluke actually.  Don't ask me what gave me the idea to do it but this is what worked for me.  Uninstall the game using windows.  Then go in to C:Documents/BioWare and delete the Dragon Age 2 folder.  Then have Origin download each part separately.  What I did was download Dragon Age 2 and installed it.  I started a game and then saved it and Quit the game.  Then I downloaded and installed the Exiled Prince.  I opened my saved game and in game it said I had a new quest with the exiled prince.  I saved the game again and quit.   I proceeded to download and install the Emporium.   I reopened my saved game to receive a message that I got mail to visit the Emporium.  So everything works great now.  Thanks for your help.  And I hope my fluke helps others if they have the same problem.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (793 Views)

All Replies

Re: Using Origin DA2:Black Emp. and Exiled Prince will not install or show in game

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @pinkstorm25

Were you correctly logged in when you tried?

There are issues with logins at the moment:

We’re investigating some technical problems with our online services.

While we’re working on it, it’s possible that you:

• May have trouble connecting to EA games online.
  • May not be able to log in to Origin or to EA Help.
  • May not be able to complete a purchase through Origin.

Thanks for sticking with us while we work this out.

Message 2 of 3 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,  I found the actual solution by fluke actually.  Don't ask me what gave me the idea to do it but this is what worked for me.  Uninstall the game using windows.  Then go in to C:Documents/BioWare and delete the Dragon Age 2 folder.  Then have Origin download each part separately.  What I did was download Dragon Age 2 and installed it.  I started a game and then saved it and Quit the game.  Then I downloaded and installed the Exiled Prince.  I opened my saved game and in game it said I had a new quest with the exiled prince.  I saved the game again and quit.   I proceeded to download and install the Emporium.   I reopened my saved game to receive a message that I got mail to visit the Emporium.  So everything works great now.  Thanks for your help.  And I hope my fluke helps others if they have the same problem.

Message 3 of 3 (794 Views)