Unauthorized DLC

by clansb

Original Post

Unauthorized DLC

★★★ Novice

I've bought DLC's for Dragon Age 2 and installed them.  When I look at my downloadable content, the version number reads "(Unauthorized) 1.0" -- and I can't access the game content. 

Just as an example, the manifest file for the mage item pack starts out <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Manifest Type="AddIn">
    <AddInsList>
        <AddInItem UID="DA2_MTX_MAG" Name="DA2_MTX_MAG" ExtendedModuleUID="campaign_base" Priority="100" Enabled="1" State="2" Format="1" BioWare="1" MID="217" RequiresAuthorization="1">
            <Title DefaultText="Mage Item Pack">

I'm pretty sure that RequiresAuthorization="1" is part of the problem.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Message 1 of 33 (52,382 Views)

Re: Unauthorized DLC

Is your game updated to the latest patch? http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches

You can view your game version using the DragonAge2Launcher.exe (it's listed in small type on the upper right corner) or by using the "Configure" program and selecting the "Game" tab.

SD Signature Banner

Message 2 of 33 (52,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's updated to 1.04 . . .if that's not the latest PLEASE let me know!  Standard smile

Thanks for the thought, in any case.  It was worth asking.

@sundance31us wrote:

Is your game updated to the latest patch? http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches

You can view your game version using the DragonAge2Launcher.exe (it's listed in small type on the upper right corner) or by using the "Configure" program and selecting the "Game" tab.

Message 3 of 33 (52,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

One guy on the DAO board had the same problem and got a solution. Perhaps you can try the same thing?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-Ultimate-Edition-DLC-not-authorized/m...

Message 4 of 33 (52,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

My bad for not being more complete.

@lady8jane wrote:

One guy on the DAO board had the same problem and got a solution. Perhaps you can try the same thing?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-Ultimate-Edition-DLC-not-authorized/m...

We did.  That answer pointed us to the manifest.xml doc.  When we tried the solution given for Origins, the (Unauthorized) comment on the version number went away.  However, we still couldn't access the actual content -- for instance, item pack stuff didn't show up in our chest, statues that apparently trigger out-of-city adventures aren't in Hawke's house, and so forth.  So I'm hoping that there's something else wrong with our manifest doc -- which is why I printed the beginning of one of our manifests in my original query.

Can someone with an item pack check their manifest and see how it differs?  I'd very much appreciate it.

Message 5 of 33 (52,141 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Try requires authorization 0.

Message 6 of 33 (52,128 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ieatnubbles wrote:

Try requires authorization 0.

That is the point of the suggested solution.  No access to content.

Please, someone compare a working manifest file.

Message 7 of 33 (52,125 Views)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Manifest Type="AddIn">
    <AddInsList>
        <AddInItem UID="DA2_MTX_MAG" Name="DA2_MTX_MAG" ExtendedModuleUID="campaign_base" Priority="100" Enabled="1" State="2" Format="1" BioWare="1" MID="217" RequiresAuthorization="1">

=========================================================================

I haven't had an issue with my DLC autorizations.

SD Signature Banner

Message 8 of 33 (52,123 Views)

★★★ Novice

Blankety blankety blank.

Thank you very much for at least assuring me that I was chasing down a dead-end alley, but that is the same as my manifest to the letter, right down to the RequiresAuthorization="1".

To add to my frustration, we've apparently stumped tech support.  I haven't heard boo out of them for over a week.  (After waiting weeks to hear from them in the first place!)

Anyone else with a bright idea to try?

@sundance31us wrote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Manifest Type="AddIn">
    <AddInsList>

=========================================================================

I haven't had an issue with my DLC autorizations.

Message 9 of 33 (52,105 Views)

I'd go ahead and change MID="217" RequiresAuthorization="1"> to MID="217" RequiresAuthorization="0"> if I hadn't tried it already. 

SD Signature Banner

Message 10 of 33 (52,103 Views)