Re: Unauthorized DLC

by LinnHaugen

Original Post

Unauthorized DLC

★ Novice

So I recently bought Dragon age 2 on Origin with several DLC, turns out all the DLC is unauthorized. So it won't work for me. I have been through several chat sessions, to no avail. Anyone want to solve my problem? My guess is I need codes to redeem it all.

Message 1 of 5 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Sorry, no one here can do anything for you.
The AHQ is for player-to-player self-help and game play discussions.
We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

The only people who can help with account, log-on, purchase, entitlement, or refund issues are the EA Game Advisors.

You can reach them at help.ea.com/contact-us.

Since you seem to have tried this route before, all I can offer is: "Keep trying." I once had an issue that took a fourth GA to resolve.  (Basically I'll deal with one until I realize I know more about how things work than they do.  Then I politely say, "Thanks for trying...", close the session, and immediately open a new one.)

General Tips when contacting the Game Advisors

Provide the Game, Platform, Issue, Short Description, and select "Chat Now".

1. Be at your gaming rig.
2. Be logged-on to your EA/Origin account (unless that's the problem, obviously.)
3. Be able to spend 10-30 minutes "on hold" before reaching someone.

Good Luck!  Nerd

Message 2 of 5 (589 Views)

★ Novice

Well Thandal, you would be interested to know that in one of my chats I was given this sage advice:

info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Samrat.
Samrat: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Samrat Shekher. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello Samrat, you just assissted me
Samrat: Yes.
you: the code you gave me for my game was correct however it did not solve the problem
you: The problem is this:
you: 1) I purchased the game along with downloadable content from origin
you: 2) when i start the game it tells me that my DLC is unauthorized
Samrat: Okay you have to download you all DLC again
you: I have done that
Samrat: Oh!
Samrat: Then please post this issue on Forums as you have done all the steps and issue persists
you: Okay! I will do that
Samrat: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
you: No that's it
Samrat: Thanks for contacting EA Worldwide Customer Experience.
Good bye and take care of yourselfStandard smile

Message 3 of 5 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yep.  As I said,  "I once had an issue that took a fourth GA to resolve."  It quickly became clear the first three hadn't a clue.

Message 4 of 5 (569 Views)

★★ Novice
I used to have this problem when I got my dlc's as well, but my problem was fixed when I logged into EA in-game with the same user as the origin id(I share origin with a friend and thus logged into the game using my own EA account). So unless your problem has been fixed already, I hope this helps.
Message 5 of 5 (500 Views)