Release Date Check Error

by mpjester

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Release Date Check Error

★★★ Novice

The Dragon Age Series is one of my favorite games to play. I have all the games for this series. I recently tried to play Dragon Age 2 through my Origins game manager account and received a "Release Date Check Error" through some Sony securcom DRM system. It would not complete the check and therefore would not allow me to play the game. How do I resolve this so I can once again enjoy the game I already paid for and have bought every DLC for?

Signed,

Extremely disappointed!

I recently built a new gaming PC with all new hardware using Win7. Would this have anything to do with it? 

Message 1 of 12 (7,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Release Date Check Error

★★★ Novice

No, the fresh install of game didn't work. But, a fresh install of the Origin Client did! Thanks for the help anyway.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (7,951 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

I recently built a new gaming PC with all new hardware using Win7. Would this have anything to do with it? 

Depends.  Did you attempt to just copy your current game install onto the new machine, or did you log-on to your EA/Origin account and use the "Redeem product code" option to do a brand-new download and install on the Win7 machine?

If the former, try the latter.

If the latter, and the "Repair Installation" option doesn't work, you'll have to contact the EA Game Advisors at: http://help.ea.com/contactus.

Message 2 of 12 (7,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for the responce! I did a fresh install through my Origin Account. 

Message 3 of 12 (7,560 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mpjester wrote:

Hello, thank you for the responce! I did a fresh install through my Origin Account. 

And... Was that the fix? 
If so, please mark the response as [SOLVED] so others with the same issue are more likely to find it.  Thx!

Message 4 of 12 (7,558 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, the fresh install of game didn't work. But, a fresh install of the Origin Client did! Thanks for the help anyway.

Message 5 of 12 (7,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi guys can you help me i have ploblem with DA release date check error ...and where i can found the regristration code...

Message 6 of 12 (7,252 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, if you mean the Product Code, you can get this from your game manual if you received a disc copy or in the e-mail or games library if you bought a direct download from Amazon or another vendor. It is a bunch of numbers and letters separated by hyphens and you place them in the redeem code option on Origin.

Message 7 of 12 (7,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

guys what is the origin client? i dont even have one but i have da2 installed but the release date cdhecdk wondt evden go through

Message 8 of 12 (7,089 Views)

★★★ Novice

Go here and download client which is just a library for youe EA games. It is also EA's way of protecting themselves from pirates.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

Message 9 of 12 (7,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded it and added the game key to my new origin account. It did the SAME THING

Message 10 of 12 (7,077 Views)