Please Insert Disk

by N7_Skullsies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please Insert Disk

★★★★★ Novice

So I've been playing DA2 for less than a day and my issue has already become annoying. Whenever i have to go through a loading screen after loading my save, a message pops up telling me to insert my game disk into drive "E". I have no disk.... or a drive "E".

In graphics I have everything turned to the highest settings possible. How do I fix this without switching my renderer to dx9 (I am running windows 10 pro)

Message 1 of 11 (948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please Insert Disk

Community Manager

@N7_Skullsies Thanks for that. For other issues in the past I've seen some conflicts with Nahimic, an audio technology associated with your motherboard. It's showing up in one of the reports (the other is a direct X crash. 

Can you try disabling Nahimic and use another sound service (probably Realtek HD Audio Manager) and see if that helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,006 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@N7_Skullsies That's quite an odd one. I do recall an older bug where one would need to disable their Floppy Disk Drive (no, really), perhaps this is related. 

Can you go to Control Panel > Device manager, then check any of your removable media drives and see what one is labelled as your "E" drive. Then please disable that and see if that any any effect. 

If you use any virtual drives or ISO mounting software try disabling these too. 

Thanks, I'll be interested to know what's the cause for this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My E drive is a WPD (Windows Portable Device) which is weird because i haven't ever plugged any thing into this machine other than flash drives and sd cards (Other than my peripherals ofc) I disabled it with no luck. I also uninstalled all of my unplugged sd cards/flash drives. (my card reader is internal, not an external one). Even without an existing E drive it still keeps popping and CTDing my game. Also, I have no ISO mounting software. I still cannot figure this out.

Message 3 of 11 (930 Views)

Hero

Is this the DVD copy of the game? If so, maybe it's just easiest to uninstall and download the digital copy from Origin.

It would be even easier if it just worked, but this issue is a bit puzzling since I never heard of this before.

@Skullsiez wrote:

Also, I have no ISO mounting software.

Maybe you could convert the game disc to an ISO and mount it. BioWare's game have had some issues with on-disc DRM that made it difficult for some DVD drives to properly read the discs.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 11 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the info. I have a Windows Phone myself at home, I'll try plugging it in tonight (it should show up as a WPD) and see if I can replicate this issue.

Fred's steps are for the disc version, but you mention not having one at the start. That said if you have a Steam version that you can renew on Origin the steps may still help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 11 (919 Views)

Hero

@EA_David wrote:

Fred's steps are for the disc version, but you mention not having one at the start.

@EA_David If you mean the line "I have no disk.... or a drive "E", then I interpreted it incorrectly. Disk with a K usually means a mass storage device (as opposed to disc with a C), so I thought Skullsiez meant to say disk E and drive E, which now that I think of it makes no sense because of the redundancy. Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 11 (908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Fred_vdp ya sorry, that was a typo haha. I believe i have fixed this error message. All I did was change my boot order in my bios... I had my windows installation usb as primary boot and my ss 950 pro as secondary with all else disabled. it now reads as only the ssd. Unfortunately even though i have not seen the error pop up in several days with consistent gameplay, i have experienced a **** ton of crashes. (Yes, I have tried switching to dx9 from dx11. It did absolutely nothing for me other than making the game look worse)

My specs are:

Intel I7 5820k 4.1GHz

32 GB of DDR4 3000(24000)

x2 MSI Nvidia GTX 980ti SLI (yes I tried removing the SLI bridge and playing without. does nothing)

Tried swapping both GPUs with a single EVGA SSC 760 4GB (all GPUs where at base clocks)

(my machine should be able to run 10 DA2 clients simultaneously while broadcasting to twitch and playing music without crashing once..... DA makes me sad... lol halp)

Message 7 of 11 (899 Views)

Community Manager

@N7_Skullsies Well that's progress of a sort. Thanks for the info, boot order issues are normally a bit more upfront, so its a good thing to know to check for. 

Back on your issue do you get any sort of useful information/reports from the reliability monitor for the crashes?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows7/how-to-use-reliability-monitor

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 11 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just these:

Description
Faulting Application Path: A:\OriginLibrary\Dragon Age II\bin_ship\DragonAge2.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DragonAge2.exe
Application Version: 1.4.8524.0
Application Timestamp: 4f1e9fb5
Fault Module Name: NahimicMSIOSD.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 561bbbbd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000045b2
OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bdcb
Additional Information 2: bdcb33e65a9843796b7ec31cc25bda3b
Additional Information 3: b1e9
Additional Information 4: b1e9e5e7403b4fc1f3fdca02e40d62b6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: bf10776634b49423cc1b6109e5a704cd (107992323621)

and

Description
Faulting Application Path: A:\OriginLibrary\Dragon Age II\bin_ship\DragonAge2.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DragonAge2.exe
Application Version: 1.4.8524.0
Application Timestamp: 4f1e9fb5
Fault Module Name: d3d11.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.10586.122
Fault Module Timestamp: 56cc01ef
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00097170
OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bdcb
Additional Information 2: bdcb33e65a9843796b7ec31cc25bda3b
Additional Information 3: b1e9
Additional Information 4: b1e9e5e7403b4fc1f3fdca02e40d62b6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 01411b9eb6014bb27ebc90fce3c01e77 (108005518866)

Message 9 of 11 (885 Views)

Community Manager

@N7_Skullsies Thanks for that. For other issues in the past I've seen some conflicts with Nahimic, an audio technology associated with your motherboard. It's showing up in one of the reports (the other is a direct X crash. 

Can you try disabling Nahimic and use another sound service (probably Realtek HD Audio Manager) and see if that helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 11 (1,007 Views)