Patch 1.04 for Dragon Age 2 for Mac

by maaeli

Original Post

Patch 1.04 for Dragon Age 2 for Mac

★★★ Newbie

I just recently installed Dragon Age 2 on my mac and would like to patch to v1.04 to import games from another computer. When starting, the patch apparently gets downloaded and extracted. But the rating game is definitely not v1.04.How can I install the patch?

Thanks a lot,

Martha

Message 1 of 3 (1,252 Views)

Re: Patch 1.04 for Dragon Age 2 for Mac

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem.  After resolving the DA2 launch issues (w/ the securom failure) by changing my date/time (just to launch the app), then registering and activating the game through EA, then Origin, then blah blah blah blah.  Game finally plays and works except for that dang software update.

1. Launch the game.

2. It recognizes there's a 1.04 update available and asks if you want to get it.

3. You download it and it "extracts".

4. Then the game launches to v1.0 and nothing has changed.  The game even notifies you (at the bottom) that 1.04 is available and to download it from the website.  But you can't, because it's only a download for Windblows.

Why isn't the game patching to 1.04 if it's supposed to do it automatically for the Mac?  Why aren't you releasing a patch download for Mac since this is clearly a bug?

Message 2 of 3 (1,212 Views)

Re: Patch 1.04 for Dragon Age 2 for Mac

★★★ Novice

This is a game and service problem.

I created a new volume/partition on my internal SSD and performed an full (NEW) OS install of OS X 10.10.5 and OS X 10.11.5.

Setup both systems as brand new systems (didn't install, migrate, restore any data).

I installed DA2 v1.0 (from my amazon.com .dmg purchase).

First, still had to deal with the phony securom BUG (in both 10.10.5 and 10.11.5).

After that, same update failure as before.  It downloads, extracts, doesn't patch, game launches, and it's still v1.0.

Message 3 of 3 (1,177 Views)